HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First black powder Turkey
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Gotbuck
Typical Buck

Default RE: First black powder Turkey

Trust me I know, I shot a turkey two mondays ago at 60 yards with the same gun. I know, I wouldn't beleiveit, but as God is my witness it ranged at 62 yards. The neck feathers were shot out. My load was 100 grains of loose pyro with a 3" long wad and 2-1/2 oz of #6 lead shot with an overshot card. It was packed tight as I did find the wad cup after the shot some 40 yards out where I shot. The cup was intact and I had so much pressure on it when I loaded the overshot card that dimples of the shot were showing in the cup. Sure the kick is something but damn that can outshoot any 12 guage I have. I have patterned this out to this range all year and I was definitely confident on the shot. I went to pick up the bird and a 6 foot long black snake scared the b'jesus out of me. What a rush. The best by far of any turkey i ever shot. The key with this gun is packing it tight, I have noticed that the tighter I pack it the better it groupsare. Awesome is an understatement and you will enjoy that gun in the years to come. I would never trade or sell this gun ever.

The target shown is from the Sunday before and as you can see at 45 yards it blew out the neck and tore the target in half. This is 12"X12" target and I did not count the pellets as I was amazed at what it did to the target.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/Turkey_target.jpg