HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Barnes X or XLC in Swedish Mauser?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Bloodnativ

Default RE: Barnes X or XLC in Swedish Mauser?

OK Who, let me see if I can help you out.

Orbendorf M38 I'm not familiar with. Got me there.

OAL=Overall length of round. 4.326 is definately wrong! 6.5swedes are not that long.

.264dia. is the diameter of the actual bullet.

HPBT stands for Hollowpoint Boattail.

3.062 might be an overall length of the round closer to realistic. I don't load for the 6.5mauser so I'm not sure of the measurements. I do know it's not 4" long though.

"Case is RP trimed 2.150 Is this the total lenght?" this is the length of the trimmed brass case.

"Primer Fed 210 GM. What does this type do over the others?" I pretty much only use CCI primers so I can't really answer that one.

Seating depth 3.143 Total die length RCBS 4.326. I think I understand the first part but how do you set the second part? This I don't know about either.

I hope this has answered some of your questions. Like I said before, I don't load for the 6.5Mauser so I am not sure what the measurements would be. I do know that the O.A.L is not 4". My advice would be to take your own measurements (or have someone do it if you can't) and consult at least one reloading manual before trying to use these loads. I would be scared to use them anyway. Some of the measurements are wrong(or at least labeled wrong) so whats to say that the rounds were loaded correctly. If it was me, I would pull these bullets and start over using the primed cases and bullets. That will be the only way to know they are safe.