HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
whitetailcrazy
Fork Horn

Default All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!!

What is going on in Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources???? Even though I have a computer, I usually wait for my application to come via the mail and send it out. I don't think we should have to pay a convience fee for using it, if anything it's more of a convience for the state. Today, my muzzleloader app. comes in the mail and i notice it was due yesterday along with my firearm app.So being extemely concerned I contacted the DNR permit office. They said, their phones are ringing off the hook with complaints, and they appologized, they said they are not to blame they are just severely under-staffed....... A few individuals thatI had spoken to, said that our Governor had made severe budget cuts in the DNR and alot of people had lost their jobs. This is especially apprent in the permit office, where a lot of jobs were out-sourced to OHIO....
After talking to the DNR at length today, I called all my friends throughout the state who do not recieve land owners tags and wait for their apps. to come in the mail just as I do... Interestingly enough 7 had recieved their ML apps only today, 2 had recieved both apps. yesterday, the date they were due, and 3 haven't recieved any apps., yet...... The DNR is going to extend the deadline but they haven't set a date. Please call the DNR if you haven't recieved your applications, or they came a day or two ago.
Secondly, as the DNR agents asked, please call your state REPRESENTATIVE and complain, the sqeakiest wheel always gets greased first,,,,,,,, just ask thenitorious Rev. Jesse Jackson. Simply put, if you don't care who will,,,, please call your state Rep. If you don't know who he/she is, contact your city hall and they can inform you, and give you their contact number............
Lastly,,,,,,,,, please call your friends to make them aware of the HUGE setbacksthe DNR is having with permit applications.....