Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!! >

All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!!

What is going on in Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources???? Even though I have a computer, I usually wait for my application to come via the mail and send it out. I don't think we should have to pay a convience fee for using it, if anything it's more of a convience for the state. Today, my muzzleloader app. comes in the mail and i notice it was due yesterday along with my firearm app.So being extemely concerned I contacted the DNR permit office. They said, their phones are ringing off the hook with complaints, and they appologized, they said they are not to blame they are just severely under-staffed....... A few individuals thatI had spoken to, said that our Governor had made severe budget cuts in the DNR and alot of people had lost their jobs. This is especially apprent in the permit office, where a lot of jobs were out-sourced to OHIO....
After talking to the DNR at length today, I called all my friends throughout the state who do not recieve land owners tags and wait for their apps. to come in the mail just as I do... Interestingly enough 7 had recieved their ML apps only today, 2 had recieved both apps. yesterday, the date they were due, and 3 haven't recieved any apps., yet...... The DNR is going to extend the deadline but they haven't set a date. Please call the DNR if you haven't recieved your applications, or they came a day or two ago.
Secondly, as the DNR agents asked, please call your state REPRESENTATIVE and complain, the sqeakiest wheel always gets greased first,,,,,,,, just ask thenitorious Rev. Jesse Jackson. Simply put, if you don't care who will,,,, please call your state Rep. If you don't know who he/she is, contact your city hall and they can inform you, and give you their contact number............
Lastly,,,,,,,,, please call your friends to make them aware of the HUGE setbacksthe DNR is having with permit applications.....
Old 05-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!!

Can't rely on the state to get the aps. out on time. We usually end up printing them off the web site in order to get them in on time.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

deleted
Old 05-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm shocked! I could never had imagined such a thinghappening on the watch of our esteemed govenor BLOGOCRUTCH!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would think that the current deer hunting craze would be generating so much money that the DNR would be expanding its staff and budget, not cutting it. But that's par for the course in Illinois politics.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 AM

I received my firearms application weeks ago and mailed it back shortly thereafter. I didnt like the idea of paying them the extra $1.75 or whatever it is for convenience this year.

Our good friend Rod has been redirecting (stealing) money from the DNR for a long time, this is not suprising. I still cant believe he was elected to a second term. very, very depressing.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: t roy

I received my firearms application weeks ago and mailed it back shortly thereafter. I didnt like the idea of paying them the extra $1.75 or whatever it is for convenience this year.

Our good friend Rod has been redirecting (stealing) money from the DNR for a long time, this is not suprising. I still cant believe he was elected to a second term. very, very depressing.
I GLADLY pay the extra $1.78 to apply online!

How and when will you discover that your mailed in application never got there?

"Lost in the mail"

My best guess is if it was lost in the mail you'll start having a clue about mid-October - long after you would have even the slimmest chance of doing anything about it (i.e. apply for a daily random drawing tag).

In addition, when you apply online you know what tags you've gotten very soonafter they are issued as the results of the 1st and 2nd lotteries are posted online. I don't believe that isavailable for the mail in applications. So then you can start applying for the daily drawings if you want additional tags.

But that's just my 2 cents worth. (Actually 178 cents worth - LOL)
Old 05-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been applying for my tags online since it was available. I like the assurance that I've been entered into the system with the push of a few buttons. I believe at some point the mail in applications are added into the "check the status of your permit" link on the DNR web site. I checked today and didn't see a link yet to check. If I have to worry about $1.75 while I'm spending hundreds of dollars to hunt I'd find something better to worry about. But thats just me, to each his own......
Old 05-03-2007, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

ORIGINAL: t roy

I GLADLY pay the extra $1.78 to apply online!

How and when will you discover that your mailed in application never got there?

"Lost in the mail"

My best guess is if it was lost in the mail you'll start having a clue about mid-October - long after you would have even the slimmest chance of doing anything about it (i.e. apply for a daily random drawing tag).

In addition, when you apply online you know what tags you've gotten very soonafter they are issued as the results of the 1st and 2nd lotteries are posted online. I don't believe that isavailable for the mail in applications. So then you can start applying for the daily drawings if you want additional tags.

But that's just my 2 cents worth. (Actually 178 cents worth - LOL)

Well its pretty simple, my check cleared my bank on 04/23/07.All applications are listed on the website, not just internet apps. So there is no added benefit.

Maybe I'm justa little grumpy this morning but I dont care for the tone of your response, mr high & mighty, lol.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Uncle Matt, you are wrong, after the first lottery everyone chosen during the first lottery isable to find out if he/she was chosen regardless if she apllied via mail or internet...

My concern is for those who do not have the use of a computeror do not know anyone who has one... there are a lot of people out there who do not have the use of a computer..

I have a computer but do not use it to apply because I don't think we should have to pay a convience fee. Ididn't choose to print up an application because I was waiting for the one which comes in the mail. And when I or one of my friends recieve an app. wecontact one another to keep an eye out for the app.andto make sure they arefilled out and sent to the DNRpromptly.

My point in posting this alert, was for the members of this forum to maybe contact someone he/she knows, that does not have a computer or just may be computer illiterate. To make certain they get their applictions and if not, help them by maybe printing one out for them...

Lastly, for all hunters who live in this state, to show some kind guts and speak up and contact their state rep. and complain on the way the states DNR is run!!! Regardless if you use your computer to apply, you should be looking out for your fellow hunters rights!

P.S. I still have not recieved my firearm application, nor has my father. I know this doesn't directly concern you, but this is how your state cares about the way its DNR is run......

Hopefully someone will take this to heart.........

Quick Reply: All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.