HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - peep sights
Thread: peep sights
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 12:59 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: peep sights

I have a T/C tang mount peep laying around here somewhere. I used to have it on a Renegade but changed over a few years back. Where I hunt, come afternoon you are looking into shadows all the time. The closer to closing the worse the shadows get. Unfortunately that's normally when I see the deer. At that point I felt the peep was not the best option for me and went to a fiber optic sight. Even shooting the ghost ring, although better, was not the answer. Although the standard brass and iron sights work for me as well. I just paint them with florescent model paint.

I will say when I put the peep back on and shoot with it on the target range, it will improve my scores. Of course I shoot when the light is perfect, and there are no shadows. I like a peep for hunting when the lighting is right. A time when they work excellent is when there is good snow cover. I can pull and get target real fast with them. I am going to throw a fluorescent front sight on the one barrel and try the peep again. I want to see if that makes a different. Then I will paint the back end of the peep so my eye does not focus on it.

I can sure understand your problem with the vision attribute you described. It might just work for you... who knows until you try.