HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My 1st muzzeloader
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 10:12 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My 1st muzzeloader

Rookie Bowhunter

If you were to consider a NEF - do a lot of homework. While some people love them there are also a lot of people that have really been disappointed with them also.

While older Knight's and most TC's are fine products, I certainly do not put the NEF in that class. Now that is just me so check around. It would be my opinion the upper class rifles in the BPI line would serve you better than a NEF.

Also, and I do not what type of hunting you plan to do - but do not rule out the more traditional guns. Some states the rules are so tight that an ordinary sidelock might provide you with more opportunities than an inline.

Most all inlines today require 209 ignition, yet many of the states out west still require percussion cap ignition along with am all lead projectile, and no optics...

Good luck in your search, hope everthing works out well for you. I would almost guarantee you what ever you buy it will not be your last... it is addictive.... I would almost be willing to bet you also that you are not shooting the bow today that you bought as your first bow...