HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 06:45 PM
James B
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What Does Your Wife Think Of...........?

My wife likes to hunt and shoot. Several of our first dates were prarie dog shoots. She shoots very well both rifle and handgun. Where we differ is the fact that she is very happy with her one deer rifle and does not see any need to try other guns. I like to try them all and have pretty much done so. She gets a little disturbed now and then but She knows me pretty well and when I decide to get a new gun or other toy she know there is no use to complain. I do however also try to make sure that she gets what she wants too although she doesn,t ask for much. She had seven sisters and three brothers so they grew up without much. I sometimes tell her that I put a gun or something on layaway then if she takes it pretty well I go back and do it. If not I say oh I was just jokeing. I am sure she has caught on to that one too.
I had a friend who used to buy a new gun and then had me bring it to his house and he would tell his wife that he was working on it for me. He even brought new guns home taken apart in a bucket or box and tell her the same story.