HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why bear hunt?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 PM
ShatoDavis

Default RE: Why bear hunt?

There are more ways to hunt bear than sitting on a stand. Spot and stalk is the best way in my mind. But, you are right about the meat. It is very nasty and I won't eat it, I guess thats why I've never went on a bear hunt. I've carried bear tags on other hunts, just on the occurence that I ran across a nice one though.

I guess most hunt them for the same reason they hunt other game.... for the sport, comradery, and love of the outdoors. Lets be honest, very few of us actually hunt because we need the meat to survive. With the cost of hunting these days there is much cheaper sources of protein. We hunt for various reason. We hunt to pass on traditions handed down to us. We hunt to be closer to god. We hunt to spend "quality time" with our kids (shaking your kids hand after he bagged his first buck should be the difinition of quality time.) We hunt to feel free. The hunt to escape the trappings of modern life. We hunt to feel a part of nature. We hunt because it is our natural insticnt to be predators. Some of us hunt for the glory of entering the animal in record books. Others hunt simply to kill. No one answer will suffice for all. The question should be "why do I want to Hunt?" That is more important.