HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trail Cam Trigger Speed
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 PM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trail Cam Trigger Speed

CamoCop trigger sped is important, but not at the speed you mentioned. Anything with a speed in the 2 second range (or faster) will work extreemly well at 90* to the trail. If your closer to the 4 second or longer, then you will need to adjust your setup and not place your camera at 90* but angle it up or down the trail to make the time your camera sees the animal longer.

No camera that I know of will take good pictures of animals that are running. That is getting the picture of the animal that actually triggerred the camera and not the second or third in the line. A running deer will be faster then any cameras speed.

I have 1.3 meg home brew with only $140 invested. But it is set up for extended time in the field, longerr battery life and it triggers at just over 3 seconds. My 2,0 meg camera will trigger near or under 1 second and I have less then $200 in it (another home brew). All of my camera are IR converted as well. You do not need a high price camera to be able to enjoy this hobby.

Hope this helped you.