HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hunting business for sale
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:53 AM
ShatoDavis

Default RE: hunting business for sale

ORIGINAL: manboy

shato, you know if you went to wyoming you can throw a stone in any direction and hit a muley or an antelope! so for all those suckers that would pay 2500.00 to hunt them are just that SUCKERS!
Last year I was going on a DIY Antelope hunt. It started out as just me my boy and a friend and his boy. Before it got done we had 8 people who wanted to go. They wanted me to do all the work and they would show up and hunt. So done a little research, and found an area that had plenty of public land. I started calling F&G agents etc. They told me that it was tough hunting on the public areas and suggested that I look into "tresspass fees". So I researched that, and found that the cheapest I could find for a tresspass fee was $100 per day on a farm that had around 10,000 acres. I just didn't think that I could reasonably expect to take 8 goats off of that acreage. So I ended up finding a fellow who ran a small outfitting business. He had 50,000 acres leased, Wall tent set up, guides etc. For $600 we had 2 on 1 guide service and use of his camp for three days. We supplied our own food etc. We ended up going 7 for 8 on that trip. I was the lone man out. Not from lack of oppurtunities, just picky! The goats ranged from 12" to 15".

So call me a sucker if you like, I'll take those kind of deals everytime. As a matter of fact the four men are going back this year to hunt Muley's with him because we liked his outfit so well.
OBTW we met a couple of guys who hunted the public land in town and they didn't have any luck