HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "Real World" review of Don Higgins Book
Old 04-10-2007, 05:17 PM
LouisianaTomkat
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Real World" review of Don Higgins Book

That is the most ridiculous and degrading comment I have ever heard about a "Successful" trophy hunter . I think if you have an open(or any for that matter) mind about becoming a more successful "trophy" hunter, this book and experiences of this man will help. I know he may not have the answer to everything, but at least he does not come off as one of the "expert" magazine writers out there. Don tells it like it is and does not pull many punches. I like that. He could have left out the part about his deer being taken, but that part may help someone else in the future. This guy is talking about being "consistently" successful at taking "mature" deer. If that's not your thing then the book is not aimed at you. It's not for those who have no bowhunting goals in life. If you will always be satisfied with just taking a deer (doe or yearling buck) it's not aimed at you. Although even for someone with that type of goals, I still believe his tactics will help. If you can use the tactics that work on the big boys, you are bound to have more chances at a lesser deer. I know this may all be justMO on the matter, but I for one enjoyed what I read.

Oh, and by the way, look at the picture on the front of the book. That's what this man's advice will get you if you pursue it.

LT