HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guiding as a career
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:11 PM
BigGameHunter91090

Default RE: Guiding as a career

ORIGINAL: Montana Dave

Oh to be young again! (Ha! Ha!)

You are in a greatposition, actually. What kind of hunting do you like? Do you like the outdoors?
My real passion is for bowhunting, I mostly only pursue whitetails but I have been out west with my father in Idaho for Elk(whereI was unsuccesful) but I loved it nonetheless and plan on going out there one more time before I graduate.I get out as often as I can. And yes I love the outdoors, I live in northern Wisconsin and enjoy walking in the Nicolet National Forest, and our various state parks with our Black Lab.

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

If you love being outside, and you love hard work, then you will love being an outfitter.

If you like to hunt (meaning acctually take game) then you will hate it. Every minute of your season will be spent with paying customers (if you are good that is), with little or no time left for yourself.
I love being outside anytime of the year (WI has a wide array of weather) and hard work does not bother me, I worked for my cousin over summer drywalling his house, and I currently hold a job pushing carts (not hard labor but its not easy) which I much prefer over my casheiring duties at Target because I am outside.

A decline in my hunting opportunities is one thing that scares me, I love hunting but one of the reasons I love it is for the time spent outdoors, since I was young my father instilled in me a love for nature and animals and I have been looking into careers that I can put that to good use in.

Sorry if I got a little long-winded, I tend to do that

Anyone's input would be appreciated