HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need some questions answered about hogs
Old 04-10-2007, 10:37 AM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

Default Need some questions answered about hogs

I own land in LA. and for as long as I have owned it I have never had hogs, that is until now. I was turkey hunting this past weekend and heard what I thought were turkeys scratching in the leaves. I crawled up close to where the noise was and to my surprise there were 5 piglets, 1 big sow, and a huge bruiser of a boar. I was kind of shocked. I hunt ducks, deer, and turkey. I have never even been hog hunting. I want them off my property. I don't want them to multiply and hurt my deer population. One question is, what can I put out to really attract them? I know I can put out corn, but is there something that can really enhance the corn? I want to kill all of them. Another question is, would the big boar be worth cleaning and eating? I know the piglets would be good and tender. The sow would probably be good too. Anybody want to swap a turkey hunt for a hog hunt? You can take all seven if you want. Seriously, I want them gone. The only thing I know to do is toput corn out in front of one of my stands and wait. I would estimate the sow at being easily over 200 pounds and the boar over 300.