HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tikka T3 Lite opinions please
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 04:27 AM
herman
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tikka T3 Lite opinions please

Don't know how you're going to get around the sound issue,but you could use you bow or a 22 short.Seriously there is not anything wrong with the 243 cal.I have shot all the calibers in the tikka that was mentioned plus a few more,and all of them shot very well.I even have one in 308 and 25/06.Another caliber to consider is the 308 or 7/08.
Have a buddie that has 2 sako's,2 tikka's and a rem sps in 300wsm,all shoot very good,and believe it or not the tikkas shoot smaller groups than the sako's.He also has a tikka in 30/06 and 243,and 308that shoot.He and I both have shot one hole groups with all of his at 100 yds,that is as far as we can shoot at his home.Have another buddie that has a tikka in 7/08 and I have seen him shoot one hole groups at 300 yds with it,and these are out of the box rifles with out haveing anything done to them except adjusting the triggers on some.
Was playing with some 130 gr bullets in my 308 and below is a group I got at 300 yds.This would be a good varmit or deer load.next one is my 25/05.