HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not so fast for no crossbow season in MN
Old 04-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Not so fast for no crossbow season in MN

I can only think of one instance where a crossbow was involved in a poaching ring. Don't remember the details, 'cuz I've slept since then, but it was in Marion, Ohio several years back. I guess a Google search would turn up the particulars. I'm not even sure they could prove it was used for poaching, it was just listed among the weapons confiscated. That's the only documented instance I can recall.

The animal rights sympathizers plastered video of a duck with a crossbow bolt in itall over the local TV news here last fall. It was during duck season but since it's not legal to hunt waterfowl with a crossbow it would've been a violation. Not poaching though.

Sure does seem easy for those folks to find waterfowl with arrows and crossbow bolts in 'em. Makes me wonder if they've got a selection of bows and crossbows in their vehicles.[:-]

Anyway,I know a crossbow sure wouldn't be my #1 choice if I was gonna poach. I'd go with what the experienced poachers over in East Texas and Louisianna seem to prefer -.22 Hornet.