Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Not so fast for no crossbow season in MN >

Not so fast for no crossbow season in MN

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Not so fast for no crossbow season in MN

Old 04-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Here are some documented facts!

Excellent DJH......Thanks for posting!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Not so fast for no crossbow season in MN

I testified at the hearing to get this bill on the table at the Minnesota State Capitol. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth took place by anti-crossbow camp. Even a DNR liaison claimed that if the crossbow was permitted poaching would run rampant in the state. People would be shooting deer out of their patio doors and through their truck windows, not a deer in the state would be safe.

The chairman of the committee, State Representative Dill, asked the DNR liaison if it was legal to own a crossbow in Minnesota. When affirmed, he calmly said, "Well in that case then, if people are going to poach with a crossbow, they are already doing it!" What a great response!

It is sort of like the gun issue. Guns don’t kill people, people do. And crossbows don’t poach deer, people do. It’s hard to believe that these morons are using such a lame excuse to keep those of us that wish to hunt with a crossbow from doing so. Sadly, it is just one of the many myths that have been used against the crossbow for decades. They should be ashamed of themselves and their mythical excuses!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Not so fast for no crossbow season in MN

They're not ashamed. They don't have the sense to understand how they look. It's me, my season, and my deer. The means justifies the end. But it sounds like at least 1 in the state has a sense enough to see through them. This is how xbows will win on the end. Logically we're right and we have proof of it. All they have is greed or feelings.
And this will need to be done in every state because they just cant' get it that their state really is no different than any of the other states xbows have been legalized in and nothing happened.

Good job on your report to them.