HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................
Old 04-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Bob1961
Fork Horn

Default RE: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

wow where do i begin....first off i'm not againest inlines, to each there own....i hunt all seasons i can with my flintlock from earlyoct m/l to regular deer season then flintlock season....i bowhunt also in the late season and if PA lets inlines in then bow season is lost in the late season, and it just becomes another 3 week long doe season for deer that are not here as a lot of PA hunters are saying now....look at fall archery season that opens the last day of sept to the first days of oct depending on the year....we have 3 weeks of quite then small game opens,them the m/l season for one week small game goes on till the last couple of days before the regular deer season opens....the last 3 weeks of bow season is when the ruts going on full swing but the deer are spooky cause of the early m/l and small game, gets tuff those 3 weeks for bowhunters....crossbows so what, they shoot an arrow type projectile in a bolt....then when flintlock and winter bow season open after x-mass the deer aren't as spooky cause they get a couple of weeks off after deer season ends the 2nd week of december....open that to inlines and there will be tons more hunters in the woods that youwould have to wear orange....the main reason why flintlock season was put in after x-mass is the quiet that came with it, it doesn't sound like WW III going off like the monday after thanksgiving....people that are crying the flinters want the woods to themself is the farest from the truth as it can be....i go to the range with my flintlock i always get people coming over to me to see what i'm shooting and ask questions to how do you use one of them....i will show and explain to them how to load one and let them shoot it also....nothing like a 35 year old guy eyes light up like a kid on x-mass mourning....then they go away saying "i've got to get me one of those" , and everyone i know that shoot flintlocks only do the same thing, i haven't seen that with any inliners yet, why???....the big plus side to it for me and others is going hunting with a rifle they made themself from parts and turning it into a rifle is, well just really feels good....i know that can't be said bout an inline........................bob