Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season.................. >

PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Old 03-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

ok all you PA members we got a fight on our hands....there's the HOUSE BILL 819 that's going to allow inlines to be used in our flintlock only season....PA is the only state that has a flintlock only season going right now that brings us back to a time that made this country what it is today....if you want to lose that connection do nothing or start flooding them with emails to stop it from happening....here's a list of email addresses of PA House Fish and Gameries Committee members....i'm doing my part who's going to follow or just complain about it happening....so far emails that have gotten back to me from our reps, are going to vote it down....but it's not relax time yet............bob

Republicans:
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected] ;

Democrats:
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];

No. 819 Session of 2007

[hr]

[/align] INTRODUCED BY DENLINGER, CALTAGIRONE, CAPPELLI, COX, GEIST, GINGRICH, GODSHALL, HARRIS, HENNESSEY, HERSHEY, KAUFFMAN, KORTZ, MENSCH, MILLARD, PALLONE, PICKETT, RAPP, READSHAW, REICHLEY, ROCK, ROHRER, SCAVELLO, SIPTROTH, SONNEY AND STERN, MARCH 19, 2007

[hr]

[/align] REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GAME AND FISHERIES, MARCH 19, 2007

[hr]

[/align] AN ACT 1 Amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated 2 Statutes, further providing for regulations of the 3 Pennsylvania Game Commission. 4 The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania 5 hereby enacts as follows: 6 Section 1. Section 2102(b)(1) of Title 34 of the 7 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is amended to read: 8 § 2102. Regulations. 9 * * * 10 (b) Seasons, possession, bag limits and devices.-- 11 (1) The commission shall promulgate regulations relating 12 to seasons and bag limits for hunting or furtaking, the 13 possession of certain species or parts thereof, the number 14 and types of devices and equipment allowed, the 15 identification of devices and the use and possession of 16 devices. 17 The regulations relating to any season for hunting with flintlock muzzleloader firearms shall also allow hunting with in-line muzzleloader firearms. * * * 1 Section 2. This act shall take effect in 60 days.

- Mar 19, 2007 - Referred to House Game and Fisheries.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:36 PM

Default RE: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Whats the big deal? I hunt muzzleloading season in CO and share the same season with archery, limitied early rifle, muzzleloader season. Ive hunted with my flintlock also and got a nice buck. hunted with my inline and got a doe and this year im taking my percussion sidelock. Just dont see a point in arguing about it. Back east they need these to start getting the deer population under control. Are the inliners allowed the use of a scope?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

ORIGINAL: Bob1961

ok all you PA members we got a fight on our hands....there's the HOUSE BILL 819 that's going to allow inlines to be used in our flintlock only season....PA is the only state that has a flintlock only season going right now that brings us back to a time that made this country what it is today....if you want to lose that connection do nothing or start flooding them with emails to stop it from happening....here's a list of email addresses of PA House Fish and Gameries Committee members....i'm doing my part who's going to follow or just complain about it happening....so far emails that have gotten back to me from our reps, are going to vote it down....but it's not relax time yet............bob

Republicans:
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected] ;

Democrats:
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];

No. 819 Session of 2007

[hr]

[/align] INTRODUCED BY DENLINGER, CALTAGIRONE, CAPPELLI, COX, GEIST, GINGRICH, GODSHALL, HARRIS, HENNESSEY, HERSHEY, KAUFFMAN, KORTZ, MENSCH, MILLARD, PALLONE, PICKETT, RAPP, READSHAW, REICHLEY, ROCK, ROHRER, SCAVELLO, SIPTROTH, SONNEY AND STERN, MARCH 19, 2007

[hr]

[/align] REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GAME AND FISHERIES, MARCH 19, 2007

[hr]

[/align] AN ACT 1 Amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated 2 Statutes, further providing for regulations of the 3 Pennsylvania Game Commission. 4 The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania 5 hereby enacts as follows: 6 Section 1. Section 2102(b)(1) of Title 34 of the 7 Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is amended to read: 8 § 2102. Regulations. 9 * * * 10 (b) Seasons, possession, bag limits and devices.-- 11 (1) The commission shall promulgate regulations relating 12 to seasons and bag limits for hunting or furtaking, the 13 possession of certain species or parts thereof, the number 14 and types of devices and equipment allowed, the 15 identification of devices and the use and possession of 16 devices. 17 The regulations relating to any season for hunting with flintlock muzzleloader firearms shall also allow hunting with in-line muzzleloader firearms. * * * 1 Section 2. This act shall take effect in 60 days.

- Mar 19, 2007 - Referred to House Game and Fisheries.
If no scopes and no sabots, i.e. a lot like Idaho, I don't have a problem with it and I hunt there for 3 days at the end of the season. FLing is fun. Chap Gleason VA via Tioga Co Pa.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:47 PM

whats it matter what the next guy is using? Enjoy your choice.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sacrilege, I say the shame of it all, some one might use some thing that loads from the muzzle as fast as a center fire.
No thats not right, it looks like a center fire. Shouldn't be allowed tis all.

Al
Old 03-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I am wondering if this is a game management issue? It would be interesting to learn what made the PA game commission or who ever is responsible for this change, make such a bold move. I am a the kind of a "hunt with what you want" kind of person. Although I can understand why a person that hunts with only a flintlock might be upset with this change.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 PM

Sorry I understand your frustration but Iam not one to start fighting with other hunters. To me I don't care if a hunter 1-2 miles away is using a inline because at the end of the day when you walk up onto your downed game you know that you took it with a flintlock. Good luck sir.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in PA during the FL only season. IMO it is all money. Alot of shooters will not take the time to master the FL, therefore there are fewer hunter's out during the ML season in PA. It is one of my favorite firearm seasons. Where I hunt in PA you see a hunter around every corner during the regular firearms season, but during the ML season you do not see anyone. PA will sell alot more ML permits, and out of state hunting licences if they allow in-lines. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, Tom.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

Having lived in PA, I understand the frustration of the flintlock hunters. The entire state is very heavily hunted, and the flintlock season is the very last deer season. I have never hunted this season, but I have been in the field pursuing other game. First off in the season, by this point a good chunk of the deer population has already been removed. Secondly, the deer are now super wary - I don't recall ever bouncing one out during the flint seasn - they stay far away from you by then.

I do think it is a special season and like the idea of special seasons in general. Bowhunters typically get their own season and few seem to argue that, so why not let the flinters get their own time.

The other extreme is to simply issue the requisite number of tags and make it a 2 month hunt with whatever you want deer season.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I hunt in PA during the FL only season. IMO it is all money. Alot of shooters will not take the time to master the FL, therefore there are fewer hunter's out during the ML season in PA. It is one of my favorite firearm seasons. Where I hunt in PA you see a hunter around every corner during the regular firearms season, but during the ML season you do not see anyone. PA will sell alot more ML permits, and out of state hunting licences if they allow in-lines. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, Tom.
I think your on to something Tom. Chap Gleason Va.

Quick Reply: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.