Team 1 The Rejects

Reply

Old 04-30-2018, 03:52 PM
  #181  
Super Moderator
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 7,313
Default

my scouting has been almost non existent this spring. Just hoping there are birds in the area where I had luck last year.

-Jake
Bocajnala is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:22 AM
  #182  
DTC
Nontypical Buck
 
DTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,093
Default

Leaving Thursday afternoon to chase turkeys in NE over the weekend. Good luck to everyone still hunting.
DTC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:26 AM
  #183  
Nontypical Buck
 
Strut&Rut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 1,882
Default

Good luck boys! My season opens here on Monday May 7.

Kelly - what's the lot number on that box of LB #5?


I've been thinking about your problem. If it truly wasn't a light striker or a bad primer - but rather the primer is truly inset too far, then it could be a big problem. A deep primer means there's a problem with the brass or the primer seating process, which would likely affect a large number of shells (cause it's not just a lone primer dud, it's a manufacturing failure). So - what's that lot number?
Strut&Rut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:53 AM
  #184  
DTC
Nontypical Buck
 
DTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,093
Default

Originally Posted by Strut&Rut View Post
Good luck boys! My season opens here on Monday May 7.

Kelly - what's the lot number on that box of LB #5?


I've been thinking about your problem. If it truly wasn't a light striker or a bad primer - but rather the primer is truly inset too far, then it could be a big problem. A deep primer means there's a problem with the brass or the primer seating process, which would likely affect a large number of shells (cause it's not just a lone primer dud, it's a manufacturing failure). So - what's that lot number?
I am curious as to the lot # as well, the box I returned was LT3RE28
DTC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:00 AM
  #185  
Super Moderator
 
kellyguinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Choctaw, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,234
Default

If the lot # is above the UPC then it is STLB1235

I am going to look later when I get home to see if there is a number inside the box. I was going to last night but got home way too late from my sons golf tourney
kellyguinn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:29 AM
  #186  
Nontypical Buck
 
ManofTheFall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dover, Ohio.
Posts: 1,434
Default

No luck today. Unfortunately I had to leave a little after 10 cause my wife made plans. Tomorrow I will be hunting til noon which is when legal hours end. Next week it jumps up to all day. I did see 4 Tom's and 3 hens but nothing close except 1 big boss hen.
ManofTheFall is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:38 PM
  #187  
Nontypical Buck
 
Strut&Rut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 1,882
Default

Originally Posted by kellyguinn View Post
If the lot # is above the UPC then it is STLB1235

I am going to look later when I get home to see if there is a number inside the box. I was going to last night but got home way too late from my sons golf tourney
For Winchester ammo the lot number is imprinted (pressed numbers, not ink) on the inside lip of the box flap.

Example: http://www.winchester.com/library/ne...rt-recall.aspx

I don't personally know if the lot number is also inked by the UPC, and not home right now to look at a box.

Last edited by Strut&Rut; 05-01-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Strut&Rut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:58 PM
  #188  
Super Moderator
 
kellyguinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Choctaw, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,234
Default

Originally Posted by Strut&Rut View Post
For Winchester ammo the lot number is imprinted (pressed numbers, not ink) on the inside lip of the box flap.

Example: http://www.winchester.com/library/ne...rt-recall.aspx

I don't personally know if the lot number is also inked by the UPC, and not home right now to look at a box.

Just got the email from them. They are going to send out a shipping label to send the box back to them and then a check for the cost of the ammo. Still doesn't make up for the lost bird and the time and money put in to patterning that bird. Spent 6 hotel nights and 18 hrs of driving on that bird!
kellyguinn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:11 PM
  #189  
Super Moderator
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 7,313
Default

saw two gobblers strutting at about 60 yards. Couldn't get them closer.

-Jake
Bocajnala is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:13 PM
  #190  
Super Moderator
 
kellyguinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Choctaw, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,234
Default

Originally Posted by Bocajnala View Post
saw two gobblers strutting at about 60 yards. Couldn't get them closer.

-Jake
Good luck. Finding them is half the battle.
kellyguinn is offline  
Reply With Quote

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service