Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 03-19-2017, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went to Arkansas this morning to do some scouting and filming. The gobblers were sure talking this morning. Heard 7 different birds close and several more at a distance. Season doesn't open til April 10th.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

I may go after em with my bow to extend my season
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go get'em superstrutter! Bust a BIG one.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

My season open up April 10Th.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, as things stand with Team 3...
Phil is our captain, and we're going to be Slamming Thunder.
Am I wrong on any of my guesses?
Old 03-21-2017, 03:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes that is what it will be as no one gave any more input on the name and no stepped up for captain except for me.

I am glad to hear that the ban is for a short time.. So everyone lets keep this contest fun and most of all safe.

Good luck superstrutter! We all are routing for you once you get out there!

Sorry guys for the short delay i9n getting back to everyone. I have been up checking things out at my hunting camp. We still have around 2 feet of snow up there. But the weather is warming up and the snow will soon be going I hope.

superstrutter is there any chance you can put our team name up for us.. I believe we are going with Slamming Thunder... Thank you...

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-23-2017 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Your Hunt Plan

What method of take is everyone using this year? When does your season start?

I have turkey hunted turkey with a shotgun for 23 years and this year I'll be hunting for the first time with a crossbow, very excited to try somthing new, my season starts April 8th and I have several days off to locate a a flock in a new area before the season and practice with my bow, next year I plan to use a compound bow for turkey but I really like the Remington 870 express magnum so I may just get a new one.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

My season runs from May 1st threw June 3rd with a maximum of 2 birds per year for the area I hunt in. Both can be spring birds and if fortunate enough they can be taken on the same day. Youth hunting opens the Saturday before my season starts. I will be using a shotgun which has been used more than once. I have normally shot both birds during our spring season. Although last year I only was able to pick up a jake as our winter kill the winter before was hard on the turkeys. This year looks promising so far with hopes it stays that way..

Good Luck team I know we can win this contest! We have a great team to get it done with. I will be away on a trip from April 9th threw the 15th and will have to catch up with the team when I get back.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

I will be going to Neb for the April 15th opener. Then back in Iowa on the 17th opener. Head to Mo. on the 21st for three days. Will go back to neb. as needed as the season there goes to the end of may. Will have my 2nd tag in Iowa starting the 2nd of may I believe. Still undecided about Kansas but am planning to go scout things this weekend.
I shoot a rem. 870 sps or a knight tk 2000 or a Mossberg 835. All 12 ga.
With any luck at all I will fill atleast 7 tags with long beards.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

I'll be shooting my mossy 835 with a .660 jebs choke and Winchester supremes #6. Heard 3 Monday at a new spot and going this weekend to check out another spot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.