Community

Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BIG DONNIE BRASCO
I captured him as a poult and just fed him corn for 5 years, and kept him from exercising.

I knew it! Finally a confession.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big Donnie! Way to go! Well done.
Hey Kenny! Leave some for next year. Just kidding. You're a hero. I can't wait to do a multi-state hunt.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I saw in Kenny's message to me he still has 4 more birds he is going to try and get for the team.. Either way good luck to everyone out there hunting and keep it safe..

I still have 2 weeks to wait. Then the first week is vacation time. I am debating on heading out to camp for at least a few days of it..

On another note how come not matter what team I am on it always appears we get a high number of hits?
Old 04-19-2017, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Well today I saw 8 deer and 0 turkeys , am packing up to go out to a new unit I've never hunted before . It backs up to a no hunting area and lake , hoping to find some birds roaming the creek fed side -nice job on those birds...... noted , get poultry and feed for 5yrs ,no exercise , I like that one,can I raise a trophy buck with him ?be safe guys, lbj grasslands with a bow and a box call, no better way to start my day, Thanks Lord , Amen
Old 04-20-2017, 12:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck blessed n born to hunt... Keep it safe and enjoy the hunt!!!

It is snowing up here this morning so just maybe it will slow them down a little..I really do not
want them going to hard until our season opens up..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-20-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

How is everyone doing out there? We are hoping to hear some more success... Anyone doing any more scouting or is everyone heading out after them? I went out scouting the past couple of days and have been seeing a few long beards. They are not super active right now here which should make for a great hunting season. We have been getting a small amount of snow almost each night. The good thing is it melts away during the day even though the temps are still holding 45 or under..

Good luck to those of you out there hunting! Enjoy it and keep it safe!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

These stinkin Mo birds are kickin by butt this year!! It rained all day Saturday so I just got wet, no gobbles. Yesterday I go to a private farm I hunted Wednrsday. There is one bird that will gobble 100+ times on the limb and shut up on the ground. Well I got in his face yesterday. Same thing, gobbled his fool head off. Set up on a field edge, cause he was roosted so close to it. Hens started the fly down cackles and he soon followed. He only had 2 hens with him to be gobbling that much and another gobbler who didn't say a word. They hit he ground and he hens immediately started yelping, so I did too louder. Lead hen got angry at the new comer so started to come investigate the noise. Mr. strutter was just tagging along, gobbling once in a while. Things were finally going my way until every turkey takes off running to opposite side of field. I look over and a dang coyote is slipping in. I was gonna blast him but he seen me and bolted. I hung around, changed locations, trying to strike up another gobble and find them. Not a peep the rest of the morning. Our birds are henned up soooo bad right now.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to hear about your luck turkey harvester.. Keep at them and wait them out. I called 1 time for 2 1/2 hours to have one show up around 300 yards. Then after another half hour he he was in range and I somehow missed him. I found out later that day I had the shotgun to low on my arm as it was all black and blue from it. That turkey never gobble even once.. So keep at em and good luck!
Old 04-24-2017, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I just received a message message from camokenny and he has 2 more birds for the team! Way to go Kenny and congratulations again! That's it I have to suffer 1 more week before I can even try my luck!!
Old 04-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain. I have trouble every once in a while with Hawaiian owls, Pueo. They're endangered, and whenever one of them shows up, the turkeys go silent.

Maybe you need a donkey 'decoy' to scare off the 'yotes. A kind of confidence decoy.

Or better, yet a donkey / llama rental service to turkey hunters who're having coyote problems!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.