Community

Team 1 turknado

Old 04-24-2016, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Joe, got the pics for ManOfFalls jake, but no score.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:28 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

So how do I top my double beard from last week? Well how about this 21 lb bird. He has matching 7/8" spurs but sports, a 9 1/4", 9", and 5 1/4" beards. That's right fellas, 3 beards! I still stick to
my guns that bearded hens give you multi bearded turkeys.
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 turknado-img_0816.jpg  
Old 04-25-2016, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bird DTC. I fully agree that bearded hens improve your odds of getting multiple bearded toms.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't think I'd have to post my score. Aren't all jakes worth 20 points?
Old 04-26-2016, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

You score a jake just like a longbeard. If for some reason you are unable to score a jake, it is worth 20 points. I'm assuming it's a little too late to score your jake. If this is the case, then your score will be 20. If you scored the jake and you remember the measurements, then just edit them on your picture post. If not, then I will give you a score of 20. Thanks
Old 04-27-2016, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

So I messed up today. Had a bird hammering from the roost, he flew down and went the other way. I kept at him. He went silent for a bit, then after a series of clucks he hammered back and he was standing about 30 yards to my right. My gun was pointed left. While he was standing there, a flock of about 10 birds came marching from the field that was about 80 yards or so in front of me and they walked straight to the longbeard. Too many eyes to move. After a while, I tried to locate them and heard a gobble back closer to my truck. I set up and called, no luck. I stopped briefly at my truck to drop off my cabelas chair that broke on me, I see another hunter is parked right next to me.

I decided to hunt the area I was just at instead of the rest of the farm because I didn't want to blow someone elses hunt. I went back to the field the flock came from and did some blind calling. I couldn't believe a longbeard was sneaking in silently. He stopped about 40-45 yards right in front of me. When I clicked off my safety, he popped his head up and started putting. I should have dropped him right there, but I hesitated and he ran. I tried working a bird I heard calling off in the distance, but I couldn't get close. He was on another property and he wasn't budging. I left him gobbling and tried a couple more spots but I called it quits. I did hear a shot coming from the direction of my truck, but when I got back to my truck a bit later the other truck was still there. Don't know if someone bagged a bird or not.

Tomorrow is RI opening day, but I have to work. Hopefully, I'll get out on the weekend. Don't think I'll be able to get out Friday, gotta play it by ear.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:41 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Update and a huge upgrade.
Double bearder down.
Preliminary score is in the 80s!

Just need to stop hunting.
Maybe tomorrow after I double with my brother.
I have taken 5 out each got a bird.
I have shot 2.
Have 6 tags yet to fill.
I love WI.

JW
Old 04-27-2016, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

So I figured the score on the jake and it was 28.5.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:27 AM
JW
Super Moderator

2 more birds down for me.
1 was mine took out the strutter.
Other my brother tipped and I finished it.
JW
Old 04-28-2016, 06:35 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

We will have a shot to repeat if we keep hammering these multi bearded gobblers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.