Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Community

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 03-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I will be leaving to go to Alabama in a day or so. Can't wait to get out and chase those gobblers!!!
Yeah good luck man! Cant wait to hear your stories, whether you kill or not. I have confidence you will be posting pics of a big tom very soon!
Old 03-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by jepcho
Yeah good luck man! Cant wait to hear your stories, whether you kill or not. I have confidence you will be posting pics of a big tom very soon!
Yes we all want to hear how things went whether you score a tom or not.. It gives all of us that has to wait an idea of what we maybe up against..

It is hard for me right now to get into the idea that some are hunting already.. We had a dusting of snow ( around an inch ) last night to go with all that we currently have.. Then the temps today down in the teens with wind gust from 30 to 50 mph.. But better days will soon be coming..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-22-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:59 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Phil - being from WI and hunting Upper Mich there was more than one time I swiped the bed sheets so I had my own snow drift to hide in. More than one my decoy turned Albino and she still worked!
They still gobble. Hang in there.

JW

JW
Old 03-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

I will be working for half a day in the morning and then I will be headed down to Alabama. Can't wait to get out in Gods creation and chase turkeys!!!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jepcho
I guess the pressure is on. I am definatley going to go and have fun and hunt hard. I will keep yall updated
Old 03-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks JW...

We have never had as much snow as we have here this year in the past 100 years of record keeping.. But, I have seen a few small flocks of them out in a couple of areas so that is a decent sign. If not i can head around 50 miles farther west of me where the snow was not as deep..

Good Luck swampbuster!!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I guess the pressure is on. I am definatley going to go and have fun and hunt hard. I will keep yall updated
Good luck swampbuster, be safe.

This is torture, every day to and from work I'm seeing strutters everywhere. I am so pumped and can't drop the hammer till the 13th of next month. Oh but look out for the next month and a half after that, GAME ON.

Lucky for me I have a large state park nearby that I can go play at to knock the rust off with out harming any hunting areas.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope you are having an enjoyable hunt out there swampbuster !! We are all routing for you to have some success as well.. The main thing though is to stay safe and enjoy it all !!

Well guys up here in the tundra we are starting to get some warmer temps!! It is about time with yesterday in the mid 30s and today up in the low 40s. Tomorrow rain and in the mid to upper 40s.. I can hardly wait for the snow to start melting away.. Today's agenda for me is to start removing some of the snow off my deck and get my grill fired up.. I have almost 8 feet of snow on it, in part from cleaning a roof off earlier this winter.. It was 6 feet deep up there once.. So I have my work cut out for today .. I am going to be able to enjoy a long waited bar-b-que this evening though.. Good luck guys..
Old 03-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a strutting tom yesterday morning on the way to work. My buddy in GA is already hunting. He comes up here for our opening weekend April 11th.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your season is getting close as well.. Good luck to you when it rolls around.. I still have until May to wait.. The snow should be pretty well gone by then.. I hope anyways.. It is supposed to be 48 and rain tomorrow which will surely help..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.