Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 06-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Take my nephew, maybe get a Rio to finish my slam. Continue to hope to get lucky with in state draws and my one out of state hunt.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Oh and Phil, no worries! You've done a good job. TBH, I wish you were running the whole contest so the scores might get updated every so often. That has always been my gripe with the contest.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jepcho
Camokenny, what part of Missouri do you hunt?
jepcho, I hunt in northwest Missouri and just picked up a lot of land in south central Missouri around the Dixon area. I lived around the Fort Leonard Wood area for several years so I hunted that area a bunch.

As far as next year it will be my home state of Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri for sure. Would like to slide Oklahoma in there somewhere as its been a few years since I have been down there.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Phil of all the teams I have been on in any of the contest on here you have been the best team captain hands down. You have done a outstanding job in all aspects of this team. Two thumbs up for you.

It has been a honor to hunt with all you guys on this team. A great bunch of gentlemen and sportsmen.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys... I will be hunting the birds up here in this part of the country again next year.. I have also been planting a garden this year with a quite a bit of corn.. I hope next year there will be some fat birds hanging around my field out back.. That would be way cool.. The only issue with my garden spot is it was an old dumping ground that no one locally can recall. The tiller had spread part of it so it has been a huge mess. This old dumping ground would have to be over at least 100 years or better.. So I may dig some of it up this summer just to see what it may hold...
Old 06-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be hunting my home state of Iowa. I am also in the process of planning a week long trip where I will be hunting Kansas and one other state in which I havent decided yet.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Wow. Just got caught up on the scores. Its a bummer but I have really enjoyed being a part of this team. I think maybe a rule change needs to be looked at as far as sitting on your bird till the end. Maybe a 10 day limmit or something.

As far as the hunting any of yall are more than welcome to come on down to Oklahoma. Again its pubilic land but there are birds and deer everywhere and I'll point ya to the right units. Still hoping we get to keep the team since we won half the contest.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is there something wrong with my eyes?? It looks like we will be on the same team again next year guys.. I am not 100% sure but when I looked at the scores it shows us on top of it.. While I have no idea if it is because of our issues on that last bird scored or exactly what it is?? But we are currently on the top of the scores meaning if that holds we will be a team again!!

A new rule change on exactly what is a reasonable time frame for posting a bird should be made IMO as well. This will save any issues like that last one from happening again..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-03-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just went through team 1's total score and it is only 498 like treebeard has. As long as I added right as well, we are the champs!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I see it is currently being questioned so lets just hang on and see what happens..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.