Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 05-31-2014, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like he has been holding on to that one judging by the bare trees. How green is it in your neck of the woods Phil?
Old 05-31-2014, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Second year in a row to win total amount of birds and second in best bird per hunter
Old 05-31-2014, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Even in a loosing effort, I have to say it was one of the best years of hunting I have had. Most definitely the best team I have been apart of. We just came up a tad short
Old 05-31-2014, 11:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Looks like he has been holding on to that one judging by the bare trees. How green is it in your neck of the woods Phil?

I have no doubt he had sand bagged it.. It surely is greening up every where up here.. But, non the less he put it in for a score.. Whether sand bagged or not.. It sort of makes me wonder if it was even shot it this season? But we have no choice to except it the way it is. They win we lose simple as that..

I do not believe it should be counted, but that is not up to me.. If you look in the Off Season, Garden Thread you can see what it looks like up here as of yesterday.. No way was that bird shot with in the last few days if it was up this far.. So I am positive he had sand bagged it.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-31-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Even in a loosing effort, I have to say it was one of the best years of hunting I have had. Most definitely the best team I have been apart of. We just came up a tad short
It is the same thing with me as well. It is the second time I have been on a team that has had the biggest bird posted in this contest and lost as well..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-31-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

I would agree swampbuster.

Well this really sucks, finally get on a good team and end up 2nd again.

Hey can we talk the mods into letting the high overall team stay together?

Kinda makes a guy not want to get involved come next year. However maybe some of us will get put on a team together for next year.

Bummer Bummer Bummer
Old 05-31-2014, 11:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by camokenny

Kinda makes a guy not want to get involved come next year. However maybe some of us will get put on a team together for next year.

Bummer Bummer Bummer
I agree and I am currently debating if i want to play this contest again.. I have a dislike to play if any sand bagging is going on and this one was very clear to me..
Old 05-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by camokenny

Bummer Bummer Bummer
I am in this same boat too. If I am going to do this again next year I don't think I'd want to do it on any other team. It'd sure be fun to try again in 2015, as long as we're all together.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly I am not nearly as disappointed about not winning the contest as I am about not being able to be on this team again next year. That's really the disappointing part.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

I have been on the winning team once.

Maybe a rule suggestion should be that the bird has to be reported within one week of the kill or something to verify date has to be in the pic?

Where have the final scores been posted because I haven't seen the mods of the contest update the scores in over a month?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.