Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 05-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Zim
Team 6 is awesome. I think there's something awful fishy about a 132 turkey. There should be an avian forensic analysis or something. Could be a case of sand baggin for glory.

LOL you should of followed me this time around Zim.. I can remember you scoring a pretty high scoring bird once.. The highest scoring bird for HNI that year.. This year we have the bird again and some really great guys.. We think we have the first place slot thanks to camokenny scoring turkzilla.. Now I know you must be just about throwing in the towel now.. Actually though i think all the teams have a great group of guys on them..

Look on the bright side Zim you guys on team 6 will be in second place..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-24-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

Last year the team I was on came in first in total birds scored, but as we know that's not the one that counts. Hopefully this year we will hold on to both and win this thing!
Old 05-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

You are right swampbuster! I was poking fun at Zim because I was on a team with him before and if I can recall correctly he had the biggest bird that year and we lost.. So I am thinking Zim was just poking a little fun at us.. So I returned the favor.. He does have a bird that had not been counted when I last checked though. It is not as big as his other bird he had gotten....
Old 05-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

I was on my way this afternoon and saw a big Tom off the side of the road. Is it next spring yet?
Old 05-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I was on my way this afternoon and saw a big Tom off the side of the road. Is it next spring yet?
I saw the same thing when I was bringing my blind back. He was about 30 feet from me and just wandered slowly back towards the woods.. Go figure, he must of knew I couldn't do anything about it. Not to mention he was all by himself and less than a half hour left on legal hunting time..

I am thinking there is only 6 more days and everyone's season will come to a close.. Being in our team's position is great right now.. I hope we can hang on for those days to end...

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-25-2014 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:30 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
You are right swampbuster! I was poking fun at Zim because I was on a team with him before and if I can recall correctly he had the biggest bird that year and we lost.. So I am thinking Zim was just poking a little fun at us.. So I returned the favor.. He does have a bird that had not been counted when I last checked though. It is not as big as his other bird he had gotten....
Hmmmm.........Nothing that a few beard grafts and super glue can't fix.

Yes I did get the highest scoring turk in 2012, but then the lowest scoring one last year! An 11 pounder or something. This while learning several new public properties in Wisconsin. I pounded the woodlands here until I ultimately found the holy grail of turkey, where the gobblers literally come parading by daily. Nobody else knows about it I believe. I've seen a few hunters walk right past. It's money. A gap between water behind inside the woods funnels the turkey here. Had 10 mature toms walk right past, in gun range, during my last 10 hours there! And no decoys needed. Too easy.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

If it is anything like up here.. They change all the time and right now I am betting they are looking for more hens..

Is that what you did on your big bird that year? Now we know what your secret was.. LOL You had better get back after those turkeys if you and your team is going to catch up to us.. Besides most of us has either tagged out or the season has ended..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-25-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am thinking that today is the last day for Dano111... If you get to go out hunting today the team wishes you the best of luck.. We hope you get one!!

WE HOPE ANY MEMBERS OF THE TEAM THAT IS OUT HUNTING STILL SCORES A BIRD FOR US !!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-25-2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

I think camokenney still has one more turkey left. I doubt he will beat his previous score but will add to our total.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Zim
Team 6 is awesome. I think there's something awful fishy about a 132 turkey. There should be an avian forensic analysis or something. Could be a case of sand baggin for glory.
Zim, you are going about this all wrong. If you want to be a member of The Turkey Killers just ask. I'm sure we could take up a collection and bribe Arrowmaster. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.