Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 03-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to the young fella!!! Way to go!! Way to go as well Southernstrut56 on getting him onto a bird.. That should help get everyone's blood pumping... It is hard to believe I can see no snow in your picture with the young fella! I can hardly wait for it to leave here.. It was great to hear your story Southernstrut56.. Taking our youth out hunting is a very important part or our way of life.. I hope we all have success on the long beards as we get our hunting seasons going..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-10-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys it looks like our team will be short 3 members at least for now anyways!! I have no idea what has happened to them.. I hope all is well with them..

For those that voted for me to be the captain thanks for the votes!! I am the type that will razz folks at times just to keep things stirred up a little to try and get the birds up.. Do not take it serious and if I appear to be a little hard on someone let me know and I will clearly back off.. It is my nature to joke once we all get hunting. The down side for me is I am one of the last one's in the group that will be hunting and the pressure will be on me then.. lol The main thing is we all enjoy our time out there hunting whether you get a bird or not..

Naturally we all want to get a bird up on the score board and win this contest!!! I know we can do it just as well as any other team can!! Thanks again and everyone stay safe and bring your stories back to us. We all want to here about them... Good luck hunting this spring and stay safe everyone!!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:13 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Way to go SS - taking our youngsters out is the way to go. I in fact get to teach a Learn to Hunt program soon and then all students get placed with a mentor for a turkey hunt on a free license. Great program in this state!

JW
Old 03-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok guys I need your help on picking a team name.. So what do you think would be a decent name for our team?? I am still having a hard time thinking about turkey hunting with all the snow we currently have.. Now they are calling for even more of the white stuff.. Some stations are saying 12 to 18 inches and others are saying 10 to 16 inches.. We already have way more than enough of it here.. Good grief send it out to sea or some place where they want or need it...

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-10-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well we had around an inch and a half of snow this morning and I went out back and saw 2 hens out in the snow that took to the air the moment they spotted me.. Those that may not know i have a small amount of food out trying to help them threw this crazy winter we have been having up here.. The big snow we are supposed to get has moved farther north of us now they are saying and we will get snow and rain mixed??? They always keep changing the amounts we get almost every hour it appears.. I hope it all goes north of us if that is the case..

Now for team names?? Any suggestions? I have been trying to think of something. Just do not think they are very good.. Here is a couple that I have been thinking about and I know I am not very good at it... Beard Busters, Long Beard Stoppers, Lets here a few more ideas that you guys can come up with..
Old 03-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Hey team looks like we have some goods guns on here we should be able to give all the other teams a run for the title. I will be good for 5 to 7 long beards depending on if I get to Missouri or not. 2 in Iowa 3 in Nebraska and 2 in Missouri if I get down there. I am so ready to be hunting.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good to hear from you camokenny! We are not only going to give them a run for the money.. We are going to blow their doors off on the way by!! Also any ideas on a team name??
Old 03-12-2014, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any name is good with me. I like something simple and to the point.....Turkey Killers
Old 03-12-2014, 02:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

It sounds good to me SS!!

Does anyone else have something in mind?? Thank you..
Old 03-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lets see if we can come up with a name for our team...

1) Beard Busters
2) Long Beard Stoppers
3) Turkey Killers

Any more suggestions? If not please take a second to pick one of these.. We are a team and we are going to win this contest!! So your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.