Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 03-08-2014, 09:28 AM
JW
Super Moderator

e-mail sent to all this team's 'missing links'
We will wait a few days and then start replacing with alternates.

Have fun boys and girls and be Safe Out There!

JW
Old 03-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Our season starts here the 6th of April and goes till the 6th of May. And I think my vote for el capitan will go to Phil.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Checking in! I actually remembered to register early this year then a bunch of snow storms drove turkey hunting out of my mind. Will be hunting public and private land in VA. Mountains and Piedmont regions. Before the snows hit I was seeing large turkey groups with some boys strutting already. Got a good feeling about this year. Had several close calls last year and I'm making some adjustments for this year.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by jepcho
I'll start hunting when I take my little brother youth season beginning April 5th. I start hunting myself April 18th
I hope your little brother gets to shoot a nice one.. It is great to hear others taking the youth out.. They are our future of hunting for all..
Old 03-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for checking in Talobdale! I know about the snow it is still very deep up here with a prediction of more on the way maybe around Thursday for us up this way..
I was very surprised to see a turkey strutting this morning in a guys driveway. I could not tell when I was driving by if it was a tom or a jake from the angle as I was driving by.. None the less it lets us know that the hunting will soon be here..
Old 03-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

I leave to go to Kansas April 12th. Our season starts April 19th and it runs for two weeks. I vote Phil for team captain
Old 03-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys for your votes.. If anyone else wants to be captain speak up.. Also we are in need of a team name.. Lets see what everyone can come up with for any ideas.. Then it will not be long and some of you will be out trying for a longbeard!! So lets float some ideas around and get this contest started!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Phil's got my vote for captain as well. I'm not any good at the name picking thing, so let's here some ideas from the rest of you guys. Lol.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks jepcho, if no one shows up I will be your captain in the morning.. I am not that great at picking a team name either so lets hear some suggestions.. I am hopeful that we win this years contest as well!! We will be showing them all what it is about!!!

The past 3 years I have tagged 2 birds up here and hopefully with our new season hours I can make sure both birds are large ones. Good Luck guys and lets see if we can come up with some sort of a team name!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-09-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man it sure was great to chase turkeys again today. We had an awesome morning. We took advantage of this 15 year old's final year to go on the early youth hunt. This bird was clever. Instead of coming straight in to our setup over the hill between us, he flew up and perched in a big oak to survey the area and find the hen that was calling his name. Staring at this turkey at about 50 yards up into the tree, I was able to slide my hand up and cover my mouth completely, then give some ever so light yelps. He pitched down into the road then turned and came up the hill right to us. My wife's cousin shot him at 20 or so yds. 10-1/2" beard, 1" spurs, 20 lbs. His 2nd bird in 3 hunts with me. I think I've spoiled him a little. He gobbled a dozen times or so. Hopefully they'll be a little more fired up next week. Great day in the woods and thanking the Lord we were able to bring him home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.