Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 05-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats swampbuster on a fine bird.. Also a nice story as well as congrats on tagging out.

I still have the entire month of May to get 1 more bird.. I saw 5 toms while driving around checking a few places out. These were bow only places and I missed a nice longbearded one this evening. He had just stepped ahead as I shot an arrow at him.. It went just about in his tail feathers as he was hurrying away. There was 8 birds in that group (2 had some nice long beards) so I went up where my blind was and brought it back along with my decoys back for use in the morning.. Hopefully one will show itself..

Good Luck jepcho as well! There is a few members we have not heard anything from?? I am not sure why, and I hope it is not because of those storms.. We have not heard from them from after the beginning when our team was picked?? I may try and pm them tomorrow to see how they are doing??

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry you didn't connect Phil, good luck in the morning. Thanks for posting those pics for me.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK guys I just checked what the average bird would score.. (7 birds) they would average to be a score of 61 each!While no ones knows for sure,, I have a feeling we have this won guys! So anyone out there hunting good luck to you..
Old 05-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Sorry you didn't connect Phil, good luck in the morning. Thanks for posting those pics for me.
No problem posting the picks.. We all like to see the turkeys and added to our team is all the better.. Yes, I am hoping to but, I still have almost a month to get it done. next wee I may have a day or 2 and them back to my normal schedule which will give some more time. The turkeys here are really just getting started up decent.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:15 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats swampbuster!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck to everyone out hunting. Hope you have a great and safe time out there
Old 05-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry guys nothing to report today.. I only saw a few hens and 4 deer.. The place I normally hunt was like an interstate today with traffic everywhere.. Some going fishing and others hunting kept the are pretty busy. I could not get anything to gobble today.. I will be out Tuesday and then mornings the rest of the week.. We can not hunt Sundays here..
Old 05-04-2014, 02:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok guys we have been noticed by the other teams that we are in fact the leading team now and the pressure is on.. I am going to try and see what is going on with a couple of our other team members and see if they have been out at all or not.. We have heard nothing from some of them and we most likely will be needing another bird or 2 from them to stay in the lead.. But, we can do it, I just know we can! So everyone out hunting good luck! I will be trying to up my score as well. Good Luck Guys!!

I sent some pms out and hopefully if they are still out hunting we can chime in with some ideas that maybe of help to them.. If not those of us out hunting maybe able to up our scores? Or in some cases even get another bird to add on our scores for the total.. Either way it is far from over.. lets go team and get this contest won!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-04-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck out there guys. Keep those birds coming in we can win this contest!
Old 05-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Phil, how much is our lead from the other teams?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.