Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
2014 TurkeyTrackSmackThread >

2014 TurkeyTrackSmackThread

Community

2014 TurkeyTrackSmackThread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

My longest beard by far: 11 1/2". He had one strand to make up the extra half inch. He was the dominant tom in the area and I've been watching him all week while I tried setting up a couple of new hunters on him. First day hunting for myself and he fell when he tripped over some #5's that rolled out of my smokepole. Anyone else having much luck out there?
Old 04-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats! My longest beard was last year at
11 1/4 inches.. I am hoping to match that this year or perhaps even longer.. I will be after them come Monday!! I can hardly wait to bast a cap on one!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-04-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! That's a great beard. My longest is 11". I've shot alot in the 10 to 10.75 range, and some nice think ones, but cant seem to break that 11" mark.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Turkzilla has been shot by a member of team # 5 catch us if you can! We have hunters still hunting and we just know it has been a really great year for us!! We hope to be laying even more smack on the birds! Good Luck trying to catch us..
Old 05-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Spike

Things are quiet on Team 3's score reports page... but I'm sure it's because everyone is letting the sissy 10 inch beard 1 inch spur birds walk so that they can bag that bigger bird they've been eyeing up, right?

My longest beard is 12" even, eastern shore Maryland bird that grew up fattening himself up on corn and soybeans. There's some monster birds in this state, but that's only because they have ideal conditions and great food sources with fewer hunters. He was actually named "Gobblezilla" in a North American Hunter magazine article XD
Old 05-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

One twelve inch beard does not touch the five beards on turkzilla.. Go turkzilla! Carry our team threw the end of this contest!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-24-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well teams if you are going to catch us you had better hurry up and get it done..
Old 05-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

This for team 5. I see you want to all of a sudden change the rules so you can win the contest. I also see that you now want to change rules so you can keep the same team together for next years contest. Some of you are even saying I don't want to be in next years contest if I can't be on the same team. Put your big boy pants on and throw away the tissue. It's just a contest for fun. It means nothing. I personally believe all teams should change each year, even the winning team, and I have been on three winning teams. You made a good run. Congrats on a great season.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by superstrutter
This for team 5. I see you want to all of a sudden change the rules so you can win the contest. I also see that you now want to change rules so you can keep the same team together for next years contest. Some of you are even saying I don't want to be in next years contest if I can't be on the same team. Put your big boy pants on and throw away the tissue. It's just a contest for fun. It means nothing. I personally believe all teams should change each year, even the winning team, and I have been on three winning teams. You made a good run. Congrats on a great season.
No one wants to change the rule.. Fair play is fair play and all birds should be reported in a timely manner is exactly the way we see it.. Nothing else.. heck we could of posted birds up from years past could we not?? How would you know when the bird was shot?? I guess by sandbagging in order to shine must be part of the rules?? So no need to report any birds until the end of the contest right?

We also noticed you have failed to put the date and time of kill down on that last bird.. That is part of the rules is it not? You can try and explain to me all you want on how that bird was shot yesterday.. I will not be buying into that theory..( Everything has been green way up this way for a while now.. )

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-01-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Hey SS, its the way it ended that has left a bad taste in our mouth. On the last day of the contest a jake gets posted that was obviously not shot on the last day of the contest. If it would have been posted after harvest than we would not be having this conversation. I personally will be in the contest next spring, and also hope my fellow teammates will as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.