Community

Team #4 Rut Raiders

Old 09-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck!!!!! Hope you put us on the board.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

This evening I went out to take my grandson to collect some acorns. He says to me we should go to my school, there are a bunch of acorns there. So I thought ok, we'll give it a try. I had never saw so many acorns in my life. It was like acorn heaven. So, I now have a new place to get acorns. We probably collected at least 20 pounds. We will definitely go back and collect a lot more. Then, after that, I did about a 1/2 hour of shooting with the compound. Tomorrow I am going to check the camera and get everything ready to go for Saturday morning. Hopefully I will have a good first day. I have several opening day kills but it has been a couple years since I have had one. Good luck to everyone else!!!!!
Old 09-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Good Luck!!!!! Hope you put us on the board.

Thanks! Unfortunatly I couldnt get it done tonight. Called a Doe into 20 Yds but couldnt get a shot through the brush. I tell ya what, That Fawn bleat WORKS! Not 30 seconds after blowin it, she was on my lap. Very impressed. Hope you can put one down Saturday.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out both morning and evening but I feel more confident about the evening hunt. Plus past years experience the spot I will be going to is usually better in the evenings both early and late season.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is anyone coming up with something we can do for the logo? I think we can go with the one but I would like to add in our names on them somehow.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Heading to Ohio after I get off work tonight and will be hunting morning and evening tomorrow. I've never had an opening day archery deer so if I see one I'll be shooting!
-Jake
Old 09-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am getting a ton of pictures of deer both morning and evening at my spot. I am encouraged I will be successful. I will be using a crossbow on opening day. I haven't used a crossbow since the 2011 season so I am kind of excited about that. Look at this weird looking young buck I got a picture of. Obviously it is the buck on the right.
Attached Thumbnails Team #4 Rut Raiders-mfdc4686.jpg  
Old 09-27-2014, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one at 7 o'clock but it was too far away. I'm still in the stand here just a few minutes after 9. I may not get to go out this evening but I will let you all know if I do. Hoping to see some pics today.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't see anything this morning. Nice morning though! Be back out around 4 this afternoon.
-Jake
Old 09-27-2014, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only saw the one at 7 this morning. I plan on going back out this evening but there may be a little issue that keeps me from going out. I will let you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.