Community

Team #4 Rut Raiders

Old 09-16-2014, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Well Missouri season opened up yesterday. Had a hen at 20 Yds and got a Doe into 15 Yds. Never had a shot on either. Wound up sein 7 deer total, but none presented a shot. Still not bad for a 75 Degree opening day.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

You're making me jealous. I've gotta wait unil the 27th!
-Jake
Old 09-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Not bad at all. At least you saw a few and had some in close! Like Jake said I have to wait until Oct. 1 so at least you are getting some stand time already!
-Keith
Old 09-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah our season here in Ohio opens up on the 27th. Yesterday when I was out shooting I had a fawn jump out of the woods and ran past me 15 yards away. Then 2 big German Shepherds were about 30 seconds behind her. I yelled at the the dogs and they stopped and looked at me for a second or two then pursued the chase. Then, as I was getting ready to leave I had a big doe and a fawn run by me on the same route as the fawn did earlier. They stopped and looked at me but I couldn't get my phone out in time to get a picture. Any one have any pointers on shooting 40 yards and more. I am always good 4 out of 6 shots but I can't seem to get 6 out of 6 ever. I guess it's just practice and get my confidence built up so I'm more comfortable at the longer distances. I have only been shooting the compound for 2 years. This will be my third year with the compound. I have taken 7 with my compound. Before that I was strictly crossbow and I killed many with that. Now I use both and enjoy both of them.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Yeah our season here in Ohio opens up on the 27th. Yesterday when I was out shooting I had a fawn jump out of the woods and ran past me 15 yards away. Then 2 big German Shepherds were about 30 seconds behind her. I yelled at the the dogs and they stopped and looked at me for a second or two then pursued the chase. Then, as I was getting ready to leave I had a big doe and a fawn run by me on the same route as the fawn did earlier. They stopped and looked at me but I couldn't get my phone out in time to get a picture. Any one have any pointers on shooting 40 yards and more. I am always good 4 out of 6 shots but I can't seem to get 6 out of 6 ever. I guess it's just practice and get my confidence built up so I'm more comfortable at the longer distances. I have only been shooting the compound for 2 years. This will be my third year with the compound. I have taken 7 with my compound. Before that I was strictly crossbow and I killed many with that. Now I use both and enjoy both of them.
Great to know youre sein some.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

After I get done with work tonight I may go out and move a stand in the morning. Then check up on an old stand site just to make sure it's good for the season.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any objections to Rut Raiders and buckmans logo?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

No objections here for team name/logo. I guess all I can say about shooting 40 yds is practice. Muscle memory, gaining confidence, consistency, repetition. I like to 'warm up' at 20 or 30 yds and move to 40 and beyond early in my shooting session so that im not tired out by the time I am shooting longer distances.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a pic of a double main beam buck. I hope he makes it at least 2-3 more years.
Attached Thumbnails Team #4 Rut Raiders-mfdc2069.jpg  
Old 09-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Man thats a sweet buck! Double main beams are hard to come by.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.