Community

Team #4 Rut Raiders

Old 10-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

he looks pretty solid and mature, don't know if he would get too much bigger than that but he could. Been pretty quiet on my end. Haven had the opportunity to get out again yet. Household chores and that 4 letter word ,work, keep getting in the way. As the weather turns a little more I am hoping to get out and contribute. Good luck guys
Old 10-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw quite a few this evening but nothing was close enough. I think they were all does but I'm not quite sure cause most of them came out in low light all about 60 yards away. I will be going in the morning again. I did freshen up the mock scrapes I made on Saturday and put a camera on one of them.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Hope you put one down in the AM.
I havnt had much success yet, Seen a few, but none presented a shot.
Had an encounter with a 6 1/2 - 7 year old 180-200 class buck the other mornin. It was too dark to shoot. Definatly the biggest Buck Ive ever seen. Hopefully I can put an arrow in him pretty soon.

A good friend of mine shot a Doe while we were out the other mornin, He looked to have put a good hit on her as we were finding a thick blood trail for about 150 yards. After that it started fading away, Till eventually we were just finding it in pin heads. After searching a 600 yard area and spending 4 hours we came up empty. The only thing I can figure is it must have been a liver shot. It makes you sick but I guess its just one of those things.

I hope to get out again later this week.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Ok guys, been out 3 times so far drew back on a doe last Monday but some brush prevented me from releasing. Well this week it was a totally different story...Bow Hunting Deer in NJ zone 5 Allamuchy on Sunday morning and I see nothing but bears. My stand is set in the corner of a corn field about 10 feet into the woods. One bear comes out of the woods behind me and disappears into the corn field. 10 min later a bear that is twice as big comes out of the woods in front of me and disappears into the corn field. After about an hour I'm having breakfast (Peanut Butter and Jelly) and the smaller bear comes back out of the corn field. I put the last bit of my sandwich down to get out my phone to take some footage and he passes me. Thinking I missed the chance to get him on film when he all of a sudden stops in his tracks. He is now directly down wind of me. He smells the peanut butter and Jelly and makes a B-line right to the base of my stand. See the video for the rest!!!! http://youtu.be/Y0ob_j7mZsc
Old 10-21-2014, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Wish it was a deer instead but a cool encounter none the less. I am glad we don't have to deal with bears here in Illinois! The coyotes are enough for me!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was pretty cool footage of the bear. I have shot deer at all times of the day. This year I have one in the morning and one in the evening. I didn't get out this morning. One I really needed to catch up on some sleep and it was raining as well. I will definitely be going out in the evening and I will get off work early and hit it tomorrow morning. Sounds like you have a real beast there Austin. I hope you put him down. Would love to see him. Good luck to you guys, keep it up!!!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

Yea I sure hope I can put him down. If nothin else Id hope to get some pics next time. I hope I can get out later this week.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing but little ones again tonight. I think I will start seeing some big boys real soon. Pics on my trail cam have some pretty nice bucks about 1/2 hour before and after shooting light. I believe it's just a matter of time.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had one out in front of me for about 10 minutes this morning between 7:05 and 7:15. It didn't appear to be all that big but I couldn't quite tell cause it was a little too dark. My next time out will be Thursday evening. Good luck to everyone!!!!! I really feel one of us will drop our first buck within this next week.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, Activity is starting to heat up. I tried to get out tonight but work ran me late. I hope to get out tomorrow evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.