Team 1nfringe

Old 09-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can do Bob. Annually, I try to make a hunting trip to Wyoming for speed goats. This hunt is sort of a precursor for my deer and elk pursuits in the Rockies. It puts me in a "game-on" hunt mode, which really isn’t hard to do. I usually try to draw an “any antelope” tag and at least two doe/fawn tags. I generally prefer to spot and stalk, but this is quite difficult on Wyoming’s open prairie. In addition, this year I had a breast cancer survivor accompanying me. She is making a strong effort to learn the art of bow hunting, and I am willing to help. The two of us decided our best chance for success would come from a ground blind set up over a well used stock tank. We would get-em when they drank. The plan worked for the most part. Michele had shot opportunities on three different occasions, but none brought home the bacon. I had two follow up shots which flew true. I arrowed the first doe at 40 yards after she moved away from the tank on Michele’s first 22 yard attempt. This buck went down to a 35 yard quartering away shot.

He's not the biggest but I am happy. The experience with Michele will always be my trophy. I look forward to many more hunts with her in the future. She is a wonderful lady-tough as nails!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Will,
Nice cutters on that goat and prime table fare to boot. Excellent story and quite the accomplishment with archery gear.

bb
Old 09-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Checking in. Hope I didn't miss much. Been away dealing with father's passing. Now onto hunting. Currently sitting in stand waiting for a bear to come in and eat some lead. Will log in this evening when I have a bigger screen than this iPhone.

Gerry, w9archer
Old 09-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a tough loss Gerry, my condolences.

Happy to see you hunting. I'm wishing you all the luck!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Ya haven't missed a thing. glad to have ya on the team
Good luck on the bear

Don
Old 09-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW Bucktail Bob!!!! Thats a nice pile of sweet meat . Good day and Good Shooting!!!. Man we got some BIG BUCK states on our team. This is a fun thing, just meeting and talking too other hunters from around the country. My season in PA starts Oct 5th with a early 2 week Doe only in my area of pa Sept 21st.

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Can do Bob. Annually, I try to make a hunting trip to Wyoming for speed goats. This hunt is sort of a precursor for my deer and elk pursuits in the Rockies. It puts me in a "game-on" hunt mode, which really isn’t hard to do. I usually try to draw an “any antelope” tag and at least two doe/fawn tags. I generally prefer to spot and stalk, but this is quite difficult on Wyoming’s open prairie. In addition, this year I had a breast cancer survivor accompanying me. She is making a strong effort to learn the art of bow hunting, and I am willing to help. The two of us decided our best chance for success would come from a ground blind set up over a well used stock tank. We would get-em when they drank. The plan worked for the most part. Michele had shot opportunities on three different occasions, but none brought home the bacon. I had two follow up shots which flew true. I arrowed the first doe at 40 yards after she moved away from the tank on Michele’s first 22 yard attempt. This buck went down to a 35 yard quartering away shot.

He's not the biggest but I am happy. The experience with Michele will always be my trophy. I look forward to many more hunts with her in the future. She is a wonderful lady-tough as nails!
Nice GOAT!!! CONGRATS on your GREAT hunt . Good Job!

hatchet Jack
Old 09-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by W9ARcher
Checking in. Hope I didn't miss much. Been away dealing with father's passing. Now onto hunting. Currently sitting in stand waiting for a bear to come in and eat some lead. Will log in this evening when I have a bigger screen than this iPhone.

Gerry, w9archer
Sorry for your Father's passing. He's with you in that stand always.

hatchet Jack
Old 09-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out to pull my trail camera today and some SLOB stole it!!!! WTF!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-10-2013, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

HJ, sorry for your loss. I hate theives!

I spent this past Saturday and Sunday searching for mule deer near timberline in the Colorado Rockies. I came close to my goal, but not close enough. I had a doe 15 yards for twenty minutes. Had she been a buck, she would have taken an arrow... no bucks sighted. Mister Murphy, on the other hand, smacked me in the face. I opted not to hunt elk this year with my bow, and thus, Murphy's law placed two 6x6 bulls less than fort yards in front of me... broadside noless. It was a grand sight to see. One was pushing the 320 mark while the other was near 290. I watched them for five minutes. They spooked when I tried to get closer for some cell phone video.

I'm heading back up this coming weekend for more of the same. Does are fair game, since this will be my last weekend to hunt Colorado. I leave for Newfoundland (moose, bear, caribou hunt)on the 19th and our bow season will be over by the time I get back. If I haven't filled a deer tag by then, I'll hunt deer in another state.

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 09-10-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.