HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1nfringe
Thread: Team 1nfringe
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 01:52 PM
hatchet jack
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Can do Bob. Annually, I try to make a hunting trip to Wyoming for speed goats. This hunt is sort of a precursor for my deer and elk pursuits in the Rockies. It puts me in a "game-on" hunt mode, which really isn’t hard to do. I usually try to draw an “any antelope” tag and at least two doe/fawn tags. I generally prefer to spot and stalk, but this is quite difficult on Wyoming’s open prairie. In addition, this year I had a breast cancer survivor accompanying me. She is making a strong effort to learn the art of bow hunting, and I am willing to help. The two of us decided our best chance for success would come from a ground blind set up over a well used stock tank. We would get-em when they drank. The plan worked for the most part. Michele had shot opportunities on three different occasions, but none brought home the bacon. I had two follow up shots which flew true. I arrowed the first doe at 40 yards after she moved away from the tank on Michele’s first 22 yard attempt. This buck went down to a 35 yard quartering away shot.

He's not the biggest but I am happy. The experience with Michele will always be my trophy. I look forward to many more hunts with her in the future. She is a wonderful lady-tough as nails!
Nice GOAT!!! CONGRATS on your GREAT hunt . Good Job!

hatchet Jack