Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 09-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigCountryHunter
Post a pic or two of that hay bale blind when you get it done if you could.. Interested in that.. I was thinkin about makin one also
I'd be interested in seeing the finished product too.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Erik- I'll post pics as soon as I finish it. All I need to do is put the burlap on and cut windows.

Johnny- Good Luck. Extremely jealous that you can hunt this early. I'm dying to get out. Next Saturday I will be taking a youth hunter out and filming him. Hoping he doesn't over hunt the spot with his dad but I have other places to hunt if he does. I will pm you my number and you can text me with updates if you want.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iayotehunter

Johnny- Good Luck. Extremely jealous that you can hunt this early. I'm dying to get out. Next Saturday I will be taking a youth hunter out and filming him. Hoping he doesn't over hunt the spot with his dad but I have other places to hunt if he does. I will pm you my number and you can text me with updates if you want.
Sounds good Curtis.

You guys have a good night. Gotta get up early tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well just got back from trimming, moving a couple stands, checking cameras and shooting some 3D. Out of 10 cameras we got a few nice bucks. One real nice 9 point this round and a few other good bucks. Didn't have some of the big ones we had last time but I'm sure they are still around, just not moving much in the weather. Did get the same two random cows on trail camera again. We think they are from a few miles down the road but not sure. This was the last trip until November 1st so the cameras will get a good sit. I'll try and post a couple pics up tomorrow. Glad to see we have a lot of good looking 120ish bucks around and a few 140 to 150s around. Usually around late October a couple more big boys show up. Is it late October yet?
Old 09-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

I wish it was late October. 17 more days until opening day. 7 until I'm taking a kid out for youth season.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it was great to get out this past weekend but I was really disappointed in the lack of deer movement. I really expected them to be moving with that sudden temperature drop. I saw a group of does and fawns about 9:00 am on Saturday and that was it.

Maybe next weekend something will happen.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LittleChief
Well, it was great to get out this past weekend but I was really disappointed in the lack of deer movement. I really expected them to be moving with that sudden temperature drop. I saw a group of does and fawns about 9:00 am on Saturday and that was it.

Maybe next weekend something will happen.
It's early you have plenty of time. Taking a kid youth hunting this Saturday. Hopefully he shoots a smaller buck so my big eights are safe
Old 09-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Went out and sat in one of my stands to scout tonight and am really pumped about the season. Saw two shooters( one in the 160's 170's) and 7 does. Now just need it to be October 1st.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checkin in fellas-hope I'm not to late. I have been out of state, running, painting & about everything else. We've had new babies (G-kids) being born. Now, I'm trying to sight in 700 gr Arrows as i'm leaving to Bowhunt a Water Buffalo (private herd thing) next Tuesday. I'll hunt up to 4 days..
I went out to check my ONE cam last week & the cows had knocked it down so I had pics of the SKY for a month. Bummer.
These are some from the 1st time I checked it. I'll check in the next few days b/4 leaving. My opener is Oct. 1st.
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-wgi_0222_2.jpg   Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-wgi_0235.jpg   Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-wgi_0232_2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the team ahunter55. We have not gotten alternates yet so I think you are fine I put that you checked in. Those are some really nice bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.