Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 10-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a good night considering the weather.. Its been raining and super windy here all evening.. Im starting to think alot of bucks move in this crappy weather cause I shot that buck last week in that crappy weather.. They say they dont move as much but Im not so sure about that..

Just keep at it curtis.. You'll get him in the right spot sooner or later.. I have gotten into the stand battle in the past.. It definitly can be frustrating.. Just go with ur gut and dont over think it to much.. Is there any kinda pattern you are noticing with this buck ? That other bigger buck might show back up ..

Sounds like a fun evening none the less
Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

He comes out of the bottom. He came out on opposite sides the last two times, Here is the areal map. the stand along the field edge(white line) is where I saw him tonight. He has came out of the direction of both bedding areas. The field is corn this year. The outlined red is CRP, The green outline is where I can hunt. Also the stand on the field edge is in a valley the trees and the CRP side are both higher elevations
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-map.jpg  

Last edited by iayotehunter; 10-14-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stick with it Curt, you'll get one of them. Looks like I'm done until November 1st but I'll be getting us some points come November. I'll be shooting the first mature doe that comes out and should be able to get a buck. I'll be checking my cameras the first couple days I'm there and should have some shooters on there...at least I hope! Good luck to everyone that heads out in the next couple days. When this front blow through the midwest it is going to be prime weather!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
Stick with it Curt, you'll get one of them. Looks like I'm done until November 1st but I'll be getting us some points come November. I'll be shooting the first mature doe that comes out and should be able to get a buck. I'll be checking my cameras the first couple days I'm there and should have some shooters on there...at least I hope! Good luck to everyone that heads out in the next couple days. When this front blow through the midwest it is going to be prime weather!
I'll be sticking with it. Taking the girlfriend with me Wednesday and Thursday so I will most likely be hunting a different property those two days unless We sit in the cedar trees. Only one man stands on this property. Have fun at your wedding and on your trip.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Curtis,

I took a look at ur property you posted.. You could add a stand between the two bedding areas but I think that would be to hard to get into without spooking deer or getting busted while going in or out. I put 2 red dots on the map.. Can you get a stand in either place ?? It looks pretty thin for trees so im not sure if you could or not.. It looks to me that where I put the red dots is a natural pinch point or funnel from the bedding woods, creek to the corn and to the CRP and it is kinda the middle line of your property I think alot of deer would cross through there back and forth.. You ever put a game cam there ?? Let me know what you think ?
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-curtismap.jpg  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigCountryHunter
Hey Curtis,

I took a look at ur property you posted.. You could add a stand between the two bedding areas but I think that would be to hard to get into without spooking deer or getting busted while going in or out. I put 2 red dots on the map.. Can you get a stand in either place ?? It looks pretty thin for trees so im not sure if you could or not.. It looks to me that where I put the red dots is a natural pinch point or funnel from the bedding woods, creek to the corn and to the CRP and it is kinda the middle line of your property I think alot of deer would cross through there back and forth.. You ever put a game cam there ?? Let me know what you think ?
The red dot on the right is about where my camera is now I will most likely check it next time I head to my stand. I wish I could putt stands in those two areas however there are no trees that can hold a stand. I also didn't want to get too close to the bedding because I didn't want to spook the deer and also the neighbors have horses on that side of the creek, I have sat in the fenceline between the two dots you have placed though I just don't like trying to shoot through the fence.. With the prerut coming up the bucks usually run the bottom a lot so I'm hoping everything pans out in the next few weeks. I know there are giants bigger than all the bucks I've seen so far I'm just getting anxious to get my hands on my first buck.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

Well depending on when I get out of my Bio lab today will determine whether or not I make it to the stand. I am hoping to get out but is looking like a long lab with two dissections.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big Country thats a heck of a buck. Congrats.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Didn't see anything during the last hour tonight. However I did stumble across a real nice rubline on the creek line willows
Old 10-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Tonight I'll be sitting down near my treestand but closer to the creek and a little farther north along an old fence. Taking the gifriend with, might have her film for me. We will be going to the alfalfa field stand in the morning and night. Going to tinkle the antlers together tonight if it is slow. On another note, if I spent as much time on school as I do hunting I'd be a straight a student haha. This semester's classes are brutal but at least i always finish the day on a positive note in the treestand. Good luck to everyone going out tonight and tomorrow. I'll try to check in after my hunts. And I'll stay on as long as i have internet on my phone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.