Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 10-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

They just started getting all the crops out around my stand areas so will give em until Monday b/4 getting back out. Nothing for pics for Bucks & only a few does which get a pass from me.
Good luck everyone..
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-mdgc0004_2.jpg   Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-wgi_0007_2.jpg  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

Went out last night and only saw two deer out in the distance. Didn't go this morning because I haven't slept well all week and this is the only day I get to sleep in. With not feeling to well last night I took advantage of it and slept for 10 hours. Now just have two classes this afternoon then going to KFC and then to the treestand, Have been hearing reports of pre rut chasing and big bucks on their feet so these next two weeks should be stellar.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not hearing much in my area (NE Ia right on Ill border) about Buck movement-very little on cams. bowhunters taking Does & a couple smallish Bucks (Brother 30 min away in Ill. updating me with the same for them). Beans out & just started corn a few days ago in our Ill & Ia. areas. Farmers working around my stands last 2 sits so Im waiting until Monday to go agfain.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

The sits are finally starting to be really nice. Had this doe at 15 yards, Could have smoked her. Buying more doe tags tomorrow. Also had three bucks. Two that were just 2.5 year olds the third I couldn't get a good look at. Then had 4 does including this one. I'm on the does now just waiting for the bucks to show.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heading to Mexico for the next 10 days for my wedding guys. Good luck to all and once I get back, it will be on. My buddy checked two cameras the other day and we had a good amount of bucks. A 140" 8 point that disappeared for a while but is back and a new 155" 11 pointer. We still have another 8 cameras out that haven't been checked in over a month so we should have some good pics on those! Good luck guys and I'll get some points on the board in November!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Have a great time!!!!

On another note I got another doe tag today and tonight I missed low on doezilla I judged her at 50 but she must have been closer to 55. Going to the alfalfa field in the morning
Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I hunted in Kentucky this weekend. Muzzleloader season opened there yesterday so I had my TC Encore with me and look what showed up at 50 yards. I'm no expert, but this deer was rutting. His stomach was empty, he stunk something fierce and he was chasing a doe when I shot him. Seems a little strange for mid-October, don't you think?

Sorry it's not points for the team, guys.
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-img_1500.jpg   Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-img_1502.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats. Could be pre rut chasing? Now you just have to catch up with one with your bow
Old 10-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

Well it had been slow the last two nights. However I met the guy who hunts next to me for the first time in the few years I've hunted here. Saw his flashlight looking around so i drove aroubd to see if he needed help. He had his kids out tonight Abd his boy missed. He sermed like a great guy and seemed we have the same goals for the herd.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spitting snow today. Will be hitting it pretty hard from now on. Took this pic yesterday at 20 yds. of this guy. He "KNEW" we only had a camera.. He would get a pass anyway as do ALL Does from me.. Good luck everyone-it's just going to get better. All the crops out as of this weejend in my hunting area.
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-buck1ill.jpg   Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-buck4ill.jpg   Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-buck6ill.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.