Community

Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 09-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Our season opens up Tuesday. I'm gonna try to get out in some public thats reasonably close to the house that evening but its supposed to be near 90 degrees. I'll get out and do some better scouting out at my main area next weekend and start hitting the woods harder after the 11th. I'll be mainly out by myself since my buddy had a baby a few months ago. Still debating how far I'm willing to walk in without having the help to drag out lol. We can't drive into the units I hunt. Hike in and out only!! lol

Good luck Fellas!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Find the water holes Kelly! If all goes to plan today I will be heading out for an evening hunt. Went from 90 degrees yesterday to 60's today and back to 80's tomorrow. Hope I see something this round.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Kelly, sounds like its time to invest in a game cart.

And Ryan, good luck to ya this evening. We're rootin for ya bud.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

The game cart works great some of the time but for the most part its all sand. lol i end up dragging the deer and cart. Might have to invest in a horse or get the girl friend out there
Old 09-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
The game cart works great some of the time but for the most part its all sand. lol i end up dragging the deer and cart. Might have to invest in a horse or get the girl friend out there
yea the sand sucks those cart wheels right down into it. Looks like youre gonna have to put the ol' lady to work. lol
Old 09-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good news guys, I got a buck down. It had a little ground shrinkage but it is the biggest buck that I have taken with a bow. So I'm pumped about that. I'll tell more of the story when I get a pic up and the measurements.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Way to draw first blood for the team, Glad to hear that after the disappointing year you had last year. Cant wait to see pics!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Today was season opener here in south Dakota. Pretty windy today so I stalked my way through a corn field from about 10 AM to 4 PM. Then went and sat in the crp field. Seen 3 does and 2 bucks this evening. One buck was a half rack and the other was about a 120" deer. Looking for something a little bigger this year.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 09-28-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heres the story. I got into my stand facing right into the wind with a cornfield at my back. I was hoping to catch the deer coming right at me to get to the field. Wind died to absolutely nothing at about 6:30 and not even 5 minutes later I hear a snap behind me. I look and right there is a doe with a spike buck. I figured I was done for. Then a couple more bucks are right on the edge of the corn. They were small and when this guy stood next to them he was big. So I made up my mind especially since my run of bow buck luck the last few years. He stayed hidden for awhile and then a couple more does walked right under my stand towards the cornfield. Somehow my scent was totally invisible because I thought for sure they would have smelled my entrance to my stand. But they kept moving and he finally got into a minimal shooting lane. Shot him with a perfect double lung. He went about 30 yards. And the best part was he didn't go into the corn. He went right up to the pasture where I could drive right up to him. He isn't quite as big as I thought but I am super excited that I FINALLY was in a spot that worked especially this time of early season. He is the biggest trophy with my bow so far. Now I can look ahead for the bigger guys from here on out.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Congratulations buddy! That's a fine lookin trophy ya arrowed. Ya got us all fired up now. GO TEAM PASS THRU!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.