Community

Team 9 Bearded Nation

Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

just curioius. I went out there last year deer hunting for the first time. Wow talk about some big deer compared to vermont. body wise there about the same but the antlers wowwww!!!! ill be back for sure. I got 2 does and a nice 8
Old 04-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

10 days till the wake up lads I am pumped seeing birds now all over the place. Saw two big strutters on my opening day property scoutin tonight giddy up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hocking Hills area is actually about 2 1/2 hours away from me. Definitely a nice area to hunt. I hunt right here in my home county of Tuscarawas. Took my biggest buck ever last year. It was a 12 point that just topped the 140" mark and made Ohio Buckeye Big Bucks Club. I also filled all 6 of my tags.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Wow sounds like a huge deer congrats. I still have like 16 days til seasons here its killing me. get to bring my little cousin out in 13 days for youth day tho. getting up early to go sit in are youth day spot tomorrow morning to listen for birds.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Went out to listen for the birds this morning and build are blind got there at 5 and wow 4 diffrent birds gobbling like crazy wish i i could find out how to post the video off my phone.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out Monday morning with my buddy and we saw 4 Tom's and heard many others close bust just didn't see them. The closest Tom we called in came into about 55 yards and hung up on a field edge. We didn't put out any decoys but he must of really liked our calling because he must have been close to 300 yards when we first heard him gobble. About 25 minutes later he was 55 yards out right on the edge of the field gobbling like crazy. He then went about 5 feet back into the woods and jumped up on a downed tree and was about 4 feet off the ground scanning the field and was gobbling non-stop for like 20 minutes straight. He finally jumped off walked away and met up with 2 other gobblers we didn't see but sure could hear. This gobbler was a big boy, 10"-12" beard and a very heavy bird. Earlier in the day we had one come into us to about 100 yards and he was another big one, but he saw some other birds and went off with them. Once again no decoys, but we don't like to put any decoy's out until we actually start hunting. Then around 10:30 we saw 2 nice mid-sized Tom's with 6"-8" beards. I think we patterned them pretty good. So, if we don't get'em at fly down we know the routine they are on. I plan on having my bird before 7am opening day though hopefully if all goes well. April 23rd, here we come!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry I haven't been around much guys. I've made 2 trips without being able to seal the deal. Got busted on opening day trying to draw my bow and then this past weekend had 2 gobblers come in until they saw my deke. Once they saw her they were gone. I'll be back at it tomorrow and i'll leave the decoys behind.
I have seen at least 5 toms on this place so I feel good about my chances.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Hey good luck man keep trying it will pay off
Old 04-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

7 days to go Lad's
Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Here we go scoutin tonight two nice Tom's on my opener property.
Wed the 25th one of those bad boys is mine!!!!!!!!
Giddy Up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.