Community

Team Lucky 7's

Old 04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

That sure is a pretty sight toms strutting in a open field. I wish I could have been there to see it. Good luck Saturday
Old 04-09-2012, 06:27 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Yep it sure is fun to watch. The one question I have is they are very tight lipped so far. I do hope I can get them in range. If it is raining lightly how good of chance will I have. I do remebe years ago I got a good tom and it was drizzling and wind and he came in but took for ever for him to work my way. It seems like I have had better luck towards the end of the season most years.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Spike

One of the good things about bad weather is the birds are predictable. Fields or open areas. The other thing if you get a longbeard with only a few hens. And they happen to have nests they wont venture to far from the nest to breed or feed. And they will not stay off the nest long. He or they will be lonely earlier. I've taken some good birds in bad weather. That's why rain or shine, I dress or set up accordingly. Either pop up blind or rain gear. I only have basically a half a month to fill my tags. Huntin stops at noon everyday. Everyday birds are in it so,so am I. Lol!! Im one of those not so right in the head. If the seasons in, im huntin.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Spike

And I agree I have taken the longest spurred birds the second half. Most hunters give up when they aren't gobbling with every step. Most of the old gobblers don't gobble much anyhow. They don't need to. Best of luck bro. Hope ya smack one or some.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:48 AM
neb
Typical Buck

Supermag43

Good advise you have shared. Our season goes all day and I have killed birds in afternoon and evenings. Good luck to you.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wheres the birds?

Okay I'm putting the pressure on am I the only one that is going to score a bird on this team?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Larswildu
Okay I'm putting the pressure on am I the only one that is going to score a bird on this team?
I hope to get one.
My season hasn't opened yet.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Spike

Nope. Season hasn't started here yet. Lol
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

My season doesn't start until April 23rd.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same here. still have just over a week before I can get out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.