Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 12-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

By the way. Merry Christmas to all my teammates and have a safe and enjoyable New Year!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by On_Point
The shot was dead center in the thick of the muscle tissue in the upper shoulder. The arrow broke just a few inches back from the broadhead, but hes hurt pretty bad from it. We could see in the snow that he was carrying his leg, but my brother & I didnt feel like sitting there freezing our asses off, & since I know where he went, I decided to back out.

As for sleep, Ive already decided that sleep is pretty much out of the question. Ill prep my gear & sit here patiently till morning. lol 8)
Good luck man, hope this works out for you!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
So I'm hoping to hear good news from Jason on that big boy so I can redeem myself to the team next year.
I know, i wanna see that brute with the leprachaun holding him by the rack with a ice cold beer in his other hand lol.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 12-24-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys i think i am going to get my concealed weapons permit and get me a ruger 1911 .45 in the next couple of weeks before the goverment tries to regulate them. I have been watching the news and i am not liking what i am seeing. The only good news i seen today is that gunowners have a live online petition at wethepeople.com to deport CNN's piers morgan back to britain. It has over 47,000 signatures in just a few days lol.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 12-24-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

I picked up the blood trail in the snow again this morning, just after sunrise. Found him laying not more than 75 yards from where I stopped tracking him last night. He ended up bleeding out right in the middle of the bedding area. As I approached the thicket I assumed I was jumping deer out of there, but it ended up being two german shepherds & a black lab. The lab & one of the shepherds ran off a ways but the other stayed tight to the carcass of my deer that they & Im guessing coyotes utterly destroyed during the night. The shepherd was acting pretty mean & kept growling & posturing as if to attack me but after a barking & yelling match between the two of us, I finally ran him off far enough to check the scene. These mother ****ers had eaten so much of this buck that if I hadnt tracked him there myself, I wouldnt have believed that it was my deer. You can see by the pictures below that they really did a number on him. They tore his legs off & two of them I couldnt find, so Im assuming there were more dogs working on him than the three that remained as I got there.The thing that makes me sick & also something that Ive never seen before is that the bucks antlers were broke off at the skull. Ive never seen a buck have his antlers broken off from coyotes or dogs. Im assuming they broke them off while pulling & ripping him up. I searched the area for over three hours looking for the broken antlers but with the snow cover, I never found them. Those three dogs barked at me the entire time I was there & Im pretty sure that the neighbors a couple miles off could probably hear me cussing & yelling all the way out there. Im so ****ing pissed about the whole thing. Come the end of season, Ill be killing a coyote pack & if I see those three dogs on our place again, Ill be killing them too. Im wishing now that I had just shot all three of them this morning.

Here are the pics. You can see where they pulled his antlers off & ate his face. They devoured most of his back half as well. Looked to me that they drug alot of him off with them as they left the area because I couldnt find most of his body any where in the area & as I said, I searched the area for hours.

Anyways, Im not going to be back out until friday now, & since my #2 hit lister is now gone, Ill put some points on the board with one of the smaller bucks we’ve been passing on. I may be down, but Im definitely not out, & I am as pissed off as a rattlesnake in a pentecostal church.

Last edited by On_Point; 12-24-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

I feel for ya. That makes me sick just thinking about it. I wouldn't care if it was a neighbors dog if it is aggressive to me I'm shooting on the spot. They should have kept it behind a fence. Hope you at least find the antlers
Old 12-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

I would never had guessed you would find this in the morning. Holy s***, I think the dogs did most of the damage, i have seen alot of deer tore up by coyotes and the antlers are almost always unharmed. The dogs would not have made it out alive it was me. Especially if this was the deer of a lifetime. Im an azzh*** like that. I keep my skinny azz off your property, the least you could do is keep your dogs of mine, would be my thoughts anyway.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 12-24-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

I just got off the phone with my buddy whos the warden here & he said that the dogs, not the coyotes took the antlers off. He also said he suspects from the pics that the buck was going to shed soon, thats why the dogs were able to break them like that. He also gave me the green light to kill any dog we see out there. We know all our neighbors pretty well & these dogs dont belong to anyone we know. So our assumption was someone dumped there dogs out there to be rid of them. He also asked me to bring a dog carcass in to him so he can have them checked for chips. Once the snow melts in the next day or two, Im going to go back out & search for the antlers some more. Im just hoping to find them before the critters do.

Last edited by On_Point; 12-24-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Golly jason, it dont get much worse than that, i hope the rest of your season goes better. I just cant believe that deer, i dont even see a rib cage in the pics, I have never seen one that mangled overnight.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 12-24-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
Golly jason, it dont get much worse than that, i hope the rest of your season goes better. I just cant believe that deer, i dont even see a rib cage in the pics, I have never seen one that mangled overnight.
Yea, I couldnt believe it. Ive never seen such a mess. I do believe Ill be taking the mini14 to the woods in the morning to see if I cant get at least one of those dogs. Id really like to know if theyre chipped & find out whos dogs they are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.