Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 10-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Arkansasmountainman
Congrats on the deer guys!! Well the weather went from 80 degrees to spitting flurries!! AND GUESS WHERE IM AT???????? At the house with the kids!!! WHy does a front have to break on a day that i can not go hunting
Man I hear ya Afton. Its 41F right now & will be 36F at dusk & Im sittin here watchin BDTV with the boys, wishin I had a baby-sitter for these 4 yay-hoos. Its gonna be monday night before I make it out again. But Im gonna hunt Monday evening, all day Tuesday & Wednesday morning, then Ill call it quits till the weekend. 8)

What are you & your kids doin?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

But had an interesting evening hunt. Got to my spot at 4:15 to see 2 does standing under one of my stands in the cut beans. I sat and watched and debated if I should sit in that stand or go to the one I sat in last week. I decided to wait til the 2 does moved on and went and sat in that stand. Perfect wind. Wasn't to long and I had a family of coons right under my stand, seen a couple turkeys, then caught a glimpse of a buck directly downwind of me about 200 yds away. In the area of the other stand. Forgot the binocs in the truck but I could see his rack from where I was at. So I knew he was nice. It was getting real close to sundown and I had to decide if I should make a sneak on him. He was down in a ravine and the upper field is alot higher. And the wind was favorable so I was going to try it. Start climbin down my ladder and a deer goes tearing by me. I just shook my head cause I knew I'd screw something up. Put my feet on the ground and grabbed my bow and I was 5 yards across the fence from 2 coyotes. They seen me and took off. Directly at the buck. He didn't spook as much as I thought he would but he did move off before I could make the sneak to him.

But, wondering if he came from where I thought he did, I checked my cam. And just as I thought. He was at the other stand. My judgement failed me again

Here he is. Any good score guessers out there want to give me an estimate of him? Just so I can beat myself senseless!!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Its hard to tell what kind of mass he has, but his spread is 18"+ Id bet. Depending on his mass Im guessing upper 120 to mid 130s. He doesnt look to be 2 or 3 yrs old even so in another year or two he could be a dandy 150. Cool buck, hope ya put him down.

Last edited by On_Point; 10-07-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was guessing 120, but another guy i know guessed 115. Maybe I'll get another chance at him and put a tape to those antlers and see who is the closest.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mottz
I was guessing 120, but another guy i know guessed 115. Maybe I'll get another chance at him and put a tape to those antlers and see who is the closest.
Thats the plan my friend. 8)

Ive seen & passed on alot of 110 & 120 & he doesnt look like them. He's got a little more mass on the tines. 110-115s are skinny little tines, with tight racks & he aint sportin pencil size tines or a tight basket. I think youll be suprised when ya put the tape to him.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Got a doe this morning. Having trouble uploading pics from the phone
Old 10-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Got a doe this morning. Having trouble uploading pics from the phone
Congratulations Kelly!!!

As for uploading from your phone, good luck with that one. Youll probably have to upload it from your home pc.

Again, congrats on the doe. Team Pass Thru is in 1st place & steadily securing the lead. We have more kills that any other team also. Just wait till we start putting antler on the scoreboard. Im expecting over a thousand inches of antler on our scorecard by seasons end. But keep on knockin down the early season slick-heads, its great practice & builds confidence for those buck fever shots later in the season.

Last edited by On_Point; 10-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job kelly! What I do for phone pics is send them in an email to my computer and then upload it to photobucket and then to here. If that helps ya any.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

Went out yesterday evening again and didnt see any bucks, I think the october lull is setting in. I did manage to get a coyote though. He was pestering a porcupine about 12 yards away from my stand. I think the porcupine would have won anyway but i figured id help him out.

Last edited by sdhunter11; 10-08-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds fun Marty. Im headin out here in an hour or two & going to hunt till dark. Hoping to arrow a doe or two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.