HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team Pass Thru - #7
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Mottz
Nontypical Buck

But had an interesting evening hunt. Got to my spot at 4:15 to see 2 does standing under one of my stands in the cut beans. I sat and watched and debated if I should sit in that stand or go to the one I sat in last week. I decided to wait til the 2 does moved on and went and sat in that stand. Perfect wind. Wasn't to long and I had a family of coons right under my stand, seen a couple turkeys, then caught a glimpse of a buck directly downwind of me about 200 yds away. In the area of the other stand. Forgot the binocs in the truck but I could see his rack from where I was at. So I knew he was nice. It was getting real close to sundown and I had to decide if I should make a sneak on him. He was down in a ravine and the upper field is alot higher. And the wind was favorable so I was going to try it. Start climbin down my ladder and a deer goes tearing by me. I just shook my head cause I knew I'd screw something up. Put my feet on the ground and grabbed my bow and I was 5 yards across the fence from 2 coyotes. They seen me and took off. Directly at the buck. He didn't spook as much as I thought he would but he did move off before I could make the sneak to him.

But, wondering if he came from where I thought he did, I checked my cam. And just as I thought. He was at the other stand. My judgement failed me again

Here he is. Any good score guessers out there want to give me an estimate of him? Just so I can beat myself senseless!!