Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoorcountry
Saw Jason's post last night and decided to hit the woods on the way home from work. Had a doe come out of the woods 15 yards from my stand. Had a perfect 1/4 away shot, drew, placed the just behind the the shoulder and thwap! Except she jumped the string and the arrow went right over her back! She went out into the field further and stopped at 35 yards broadside. The 2nd shot lunged her and she ran about 60 yards before she dropped. Another 25 pts for team 7.
Very nice, congratulations!!! We are definitely securing a lead. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

congrats on the doe jason!!

I went out this evening and didnt have much for deer come in, I did have a bobcat come in to about 12 yards and wandered around the draw, he even rolled around in the dirt for awhile, really cool to watch. First wild bobcat i have ever seen.

Im heading back out in the morning. going to see if i cant find that mule deer herd just north of town and try some stalking.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck to ya Marty. Like you, I will also be afield tomorrow, & sunday as well. The forecast for both days are low temps just above freezing with highs in the mid 50s, calm winds & clear skies. Im psyched!

And to the rest of ya who will be afield over the weekend, good luck to ya & be safe. Lets secure that 1st place lead yall!!!

Last edited by On_Point; 10-05-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Typical Buck

Well fellas, Im heading out into the frosty morn, yall have a good one & good luck.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the deer guys!! Well the weather went from 80 degrees to spitting flurries!! AND GUESS WHERE IM AT???????? At the house with the kids!!! WHy does a front have to break on a day that i can not go hunting
Old 10-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hoping to get out for an evening hunt. Temp for tonight is 40's dropping into the 20's. That might mean I'll miss the beginning of the Husker/Ohio St game. Otherwise I'll be out in the morn.

Ark, don't worry about missing a day of hunting. Hunting will always be there, spend time with the kids while you can. And before long, take em with ya.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, and congrats to everyone so far that have got some deer on the ground. Keep it up!!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Well, Im back home now & going to miss a great evening hunt. Mommas gotta work graveyard tonight & again tomorrow night so I wont be back out until monday evening. 8(

Saw 16 does this morning moving down the edge of the timber & crp just at 70 yards from my set. They never knew I was there, so I picked a new tree to put my climber in, about 50 yards closer to the crp edge. Tuesday morning somethings gonna die on that trail. >
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

wow busy week here, I need to get caught up.... Went out last night, just does. Doing a little fine tuning for later this month stand location wise... I will be out monday, more to follow!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Keep us posted Jesse. Cant wait to see a Wisconsin monster on the board. 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.