Old 12-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet!

Post it up in the scorecard thread....
Old 12-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Atta boy brother Happy New Year

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
Well, looks like I won't be bagging a buck this year, but I did knock down three does today...I will post a pic once I get them on my computer. Wish I could have helped more. Slim chance that I may be able to go tomorrow afternoon, but I ain't counting on it.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys....its coming down to the wire. We are only 8 points behind!

Hopefully someone can put something down and push us back up top. My season ends here on Sat....I'll give it one last shot for a bigger buck. Who knows, might get lucky
Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry Guys, no score from me. I missed on a 300 yd shot on a big 10. could have taken smaller ones, but I don't shoot them. Could have taken does too, but already have 2 deer in the freezer.

I know, I know, you would think the outfitting guide would be able to score one,lol but it is the same for me late season as it is for clients. after our gun season, they go nocturnal, you are lucky to see the big boys that escaped harvest early in the season. It is what it is.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

No big deal, DD. Winning is always nice, but I don't sign up for these things planning on winning...just makes it more fun to keep up with a few other folks and talk about how our seasons are going without posting it on the entire forum.

This was my best season by far to date, and I didn't even take a buck. But, my wife did and it was her first deer! I took 4 does and passed on 19 different bucks. Three good shooters, but they were during bow season and out of range. This year I really started focusing on management...some of the bucks I passed on were hard to let go...but hopefully this time next year I will once again be saying that it was my best season to date because of the 1??" buck I killed!

Good luck to the few who may still be hunting, and enjoyed talking with everyone.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Dang alltlk4...that sounds like tough (and painful) luck. Hope things go better for you next time out. And keep that gun in your lap

I'll be hitting it with the m/l a few times this next week myself. We'll see. Good luck guys, and Merry Christmas to all!
Work and rental property have kept me real busy. Got in a hunt here and there before the ML season ended but no luck. I have about a week left to take one with my bow. Yeah, I already moved my gun/bow hanger for that spot. However the lap is the best.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

well guys getting pretty excited should be in NJ hunting friday with the muzzloader. can't wait! also excited to see whats on the cards since i haven't checked my trail cams in about a month
Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get em VT! Good luck

Our season ended yesterday. I was out, but didn't see anything (again). Man late season around here sucks. I didn't even hear 1 shot last evening...last day of the season. Was actually suprised at that.

Oh well, it was a good season...I have a freezer full of venison so all is well! Good luck to those of you who still have some season left.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

Go gettem VT good luck and enjoy!
Remember a Doe puts us back in the lead
Take care
Treebeard

Originally Posted by Vermont_hunter
well guys getting pretty excited should be in NJ hunting friday with the muzzloader. can't wait! also excited to see whats on the cards since i haven't checked my trail cams in about a month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.