Team 2 -- Freak Nasty

Old 12-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Atta boy Deerdust a man with integrity I love it but dam if ya did Team 6 wouldn't be nipping at us! lol
Keep at her brother
Treebeard
Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

We'll be doing more than nipping once our bucks get scored! Assuming they can find their pictures of course!!!!
-Jake
Old 12-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

btw, hows the hunting been going for you guys? nocking down any slammers?
If you check out our website, (photo album) you'll see some of the beast we took out in Kansas during the gun season. a 190 was the biggest, but there were numerous in the 150-170 class range. Iowa has taken some good ones too. And Missouri never fails us.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks DD. Hopefully you can connect with one now before the season ends

Well I went m/l hunting in WV...nothing. Saw some does, but no bucks. Had a good time...still got a few weeks left here in VA, and probably one more trip to WV for late doe season.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

I was able to to get the ML out and get in the stand on saturday. I was a great morning and the deer were moving. Saw a nice 8 point that I was going to take coming in. So I reached back for my ML without turning my body and popped my shoulder out of socket (I have one bad shoulder). The sudden movement from my reaction to the pain alerted the buck. He eventually wondered off and I saw him twice more but no good shots. Then I missed a doe on my way back to the truck, so I got skunked again.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang alltlk4...that sounds like tough (and painful) luck. Hope things go better for you next time out. And keep that gun in your lap

I'll be hitting it with the m/l a few times this next week myself. We'll see. Good luck guys, and Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-25-2011, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Merry Christmas everyone
Treebeard
Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple weeks...hard drive on my computer went out, and also been out of town. My wife's granddad isn't doing too well and we were in Illinois with them for about a week. No licenses or time to hunt while up there. I went out this morning and saw one squirrel and one hawk. Going back out this afternoon and tomorrow. Our season closes Sunday, and I may be able to hunt for a bit Sunday afternoon. I will shoot any mature doe I see, and any good buck. This late in the season I won't be shooting any marginal bucks though...if they made it this far, I'll let them walk til next year when hopefully they will be nice ones! I went on a property that I have hunted sparingly this year and found at least a dozen rubs in a stretch of about 60 yards...wish I had been on them earlier in the year.

Well, this has turned into a lengthy post. Better wrap it up and get some things done so I can get back out in the woods! Good luck everyone!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, looks like I won't be bagging a buck this year, but I did knock down three does today...I will post a pic once I get them on my computer. Wish I could have helped more. Slim chance that I may be able to go tomorrow afternoon, but I ain't counting on it.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice work Bible Man! We'll take all the does we can get...points add up! We are still in the thick of this thing, who knows...we may pull it out yet!

Congrats on your slickheads! Good luck to anyone still hunting. We have one week left, ends Jan 7th here. I'll be out a few more times....haven't seen much of late.

I hope everyone has a Safe and Happy New Year!

-WV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.