HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest-127/)
-   -   Team 4 Red Mist (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2011-2012-bowhunting-contest/348942-team-4-red-mist.html)

jemrami9 11-08-2011 07:53 AM

Yeah what do I do? Who do I report it too?? This all happened last evening.... I gotta find a tape to measure him. Its about time I cash in on this contest lol wow!

halfbakedi420 11-08-2011 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by jemrami9 (Post 3872703)
Yeah what do I do? Who do I report it too?? This all happened last evening.... I gotta find a tape to measure him. Its about time I cash in on this contest lol wow!

need to get a string and a tape and remeasure..yer missin some..should go 135 easy? watch the tutorial? its in the rules section

jemrami9 11-09-2011 04:29 AM

thats what I thought too... let me try again. Never did this before....

jag-mag 11-09-2011 11:13 AM

Passed a small 8 up about a week ago 115 maybe taking a couple half days off thursday and friday hope I see a shooter. Nice buck rami 9. Lets get after them, sorry I haven't been around will be here lot more now that putters up and running.

razor6570 11-09-2011 04:42 PM

Congrats jemrami!! Great buck! We are on the board!

I finally decided to shot a doe tonight. 19 yard shot 55 yd recovery. I have been nothing but does the last week and a half. I actually shot this doe with a rage broadhead, 1st that have even tried them. It had a great hole but I honestly have to say the blood trail was no better than my normal heads (thunderheads). I tried them now back to my old heads.

I have three days left to get a buck! the season ends this Sat. I am leaving for New York next week to archery hunt and also gun hunt.

BUCKMARK 11-09-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by jemrami9 (Post 3872703)

Congrats on a nice Buck...we are on the board...

halfbakedi420 11-10-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by razor6570 (Post 3873589)
Congrats jemrami!! Great buck! We are on the board!

I finally decided to shot a doe tonight. 19 yard shot 55 yd recovery. I have been nothing but does the last week and a half. I actually shot this doe with a rage broadhead, 1st that have even tried them. It had a great hole but I honestly have to say the blood trail was no better than my normal heads (thunderheads). I tried them now back to my old heads.

I have three days left to get a buck! the season ends this Sat. I am leaving for New York next week to archery hunt and also gun hunt.

i havnt tried them yet...i figure why fix what isnt broken. i think as long as it is a fixed blade, i am better off.

razor6570 11-10-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420 (Post 3873949)
i havnt tried them yet...i figure why fix what isnt broken. i think as long as it is a fixed blade, i am better off.

I agree with you 100%. For years I have been so against expandables, I finally decised this year to try them and see if my thought of them would change. Well, it hasn't! I agree that they do a good job, but nothing beats the cut-on contact heads (IMO). I guess, what I got out of this is to each their own. I feel confident that my COC heads will penetrate better if I hit the shoulder. It happens, don't fool yourself!

IOWABUCKHUNTR 11-10-2011 10:01 AM

Alright gentlemen,

I apologize for my absence the last couple of days, I was called on active orders in order to assist with a family who son was just killed in Afghanistan. Good to see someone scored on a nice buck, time for the rest of us to drop something! Score has been counted, once again I am sorry, but I had no control of the situation.

jemrami9 11-10-2011 10:31 AM

My pleasure! Glad I was able to cash in and contribute...

BUCKMARK 11-10-2011 12:29 PM

Well this looks like to be a perfect weekend to be out...Hope to see some of the nice bucks we have pics of walking by mt stand...The big question is which stand to hunt..."Eeny, meeny, miny, moe"

spidermonk 11-10-2011 05:07 PM

Nice kill Jem, love the tongue. Now drive some of his brothers up to me to the north :)

jemrami9 11-13-2011 09:27 AM

Thanks friend! They should be running hard up by you by now... Kinda weird down by me. Finally chasing in my area. The one I got wasnt even showing any rutting behavior as of that last monday. No swollen neck, no musky tarsal glands... nothing. He did come up to my scent though and checked it out. At least that worked...

pjarrows 11-14-2011 03:31 AM

Good to be home how is everyone making out, very nice deer jemrami9, good pic also.

pjarrows 11-14-2011 03:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I am back had a great time, good hunting and great friends made my trip one I will never forget. I gave myself 14 hunting days to fill my 2 tags this year and only used 4 days.

I left Albany NY on Oct. 25th and started my long drive to Kirwin, KS. First hunt was Oct. 26th. I got to an area that I wanted to hunt by 4pm and by 5:30pm I had deer coming in only a few does and yearlings. I left my stand in so I could hunt it in the am. The next morning I saw 7 does and yearlings and 3 bucks 8pt, 7pt, and 4pt. I did notice that most of the deer were crossing 50 - 75yds below me.

That afternoon I moved my stand 75yds and at 5:30pm I had my first deer down, 120lb doe 3yd shot 60yd recovery. I elected to not hunt the next morning and to just do some glassing. While glassing I seen more deer than I could count, seen a really nice 10pt with split G2's that I guessed would be in the 150's.

For that evening I picked a spot that was way off the beaten trail. There are 2 ways to get into it either its 2.5 mile walk, or 1 mile walk and you need to cross a stream 15yds wide and hip high. Not having waders I ran to the store and got some contractor bags, I would cross the stream leave my bags and then pick them up on the way out.

The first evening in I seen only 1 doe but she was being bugged by a 10pt. That evening I left everything there except my bow and arrows. The next morning I get in 1/2 hr before sunrise. When the woods lit up I could see deer and never stopped seeing deer until noon, the total for the morning sit was 25 does and yearlings, and 15 bucks 6 over 120" with 2 of them pushing 150". With everything I seen I stayed all day around 1pm I get a visit from 4 bobcats, a mother and 3 kittens. At 5:45pm I see a buck coming down a trail that crossed by at 10yds, I could see he was wide and high, that is all I needed to see. At 15yds gave him the stop bleat, I settled my 20yd pin on the spot I had picked and with a little back tension one 430gra arrow tipped with a grizz trick running 323fps passed thru his vitals in a flash. After a 50yd dash he stopped to catch his balance which he never got back. My hunt was over with the biggest buck I have ever shot.

halfbakedi420 11-14-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by pjarrows (Post 3875657)
well i am back had a great time, good hunting and great friends made my trip one i will never forget. I gave myself 14 hunting days to fill my 2 tags this year and only used 4 days.

i left albany ny on oct. 25th and started my long drive to kirwin, ks. First hunt was oct. 26th. I got to an area that i wanted to hunt by 4pm and by 5:30pm i had deer coming in only a few does and yearlings. I left my stand in so i could hunt it in the am. The next morning i saw 7 does and yearlings and 3 bucks 8pt, 7pt, and 4pt. I did notice that most of the deer were crossing 50 - 75yds below me.

that afternoon i moved my stand 75yds and at 5:30pm i had my first deer down, 120lb doe 3yd shot 60yd recovery. I elected to not hunt the next morning and to just do some glassing. While glassing i seen more deer than i could count, seen a really nice 10pt with split g2's that i guessed would be in the 150's.

for that evening i picked a spot that was way off the beaten trail. There are 2 ways to get into it either its 2.5 mile walk, or 1 mile walk and you need to cross a stream 15yds wide and hip high. Not having waders i ran to the store and got some contractor bags, i would cross the stream leave my bags and then pick them up on the way out.

the first evening in i seen only 1 doe but she was being bugged by a 10pt. That evening i left everything there except my bow and arrows. The next morning i get in 1/2 hr before sunrise. When the woods lit up i could see deer and never stopped seeing deer until noon, the total for the morning sit was 25 does and yearlings, and 15 bucks 6 over 120" with 2 of them pushing 150". With everything i seen i stayed all day around 1pm i get a visit from 4 bobcats, a mother and 3 kittens. At 5:45pm i see a buck coming down a trail that crossed by at 10yds, i could see he was wide and high, that is all i needed to see. At 15yds gave him the stop bleat, i settled my 20yd pin on the spot i had picked and with a little back tension one 430gra arrow tipped with a grizz trick running 323fps passed thru his vitals in a flash. After a 50yd dash he stopped to catch his balance which he never got back. My hunt was over with the biggest buck i have ever shot.

well done beeeee ravo...nice effin buck...where is our capn?

spidermonk 11-15-2011 06:12 AM

Nice one PJ

IOWABUCKHUNTR 11-15-2011 06:41 AM

Already on it! Nice buck!

razor6570 11-15-2011 04:21 PM

Congrats, awesome buck pj.

jemrami9 11-16-2011 08:22 AM

Nice work PJ! Splendid!!!!

pjarrows 11-18-2011 05:43 AM

How is everyone making out are we all hunting hard?

IOWABUCKHUNTR 11-18-2011 08:27 AM

Apologies Team, I may just let you down this year. I am starting with a new department this coming month and have been swamped with paperwork and other transfer items. Sunday will probably be my last attempt at bringing down our monster. I had him at 80 yards last week and couldn't close the deal. Come Sunday night, anything brown is down to fill the freezer and tags.

pjarrows 11-21-2011 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by IOWABUCKHUNTR (Post 3877988)
Apologies Team, I may just let you down this year. I am starting with a new department this coming month and have been swamped with paperwork and other transfer items. Sunday will probably be my last attempt at bringing down our monster. I had him at 80 yards last week and couldn't close the deal. Come Sunday night, anything brown is down to fill the freezer and tags.

Well I hope your Sunday hunt went well, good luck to all that are hunting, This weekend was the opener to southern NY gun season. did't make it out to busy cutting, capping deer (I guess that is a good thing) Friday I downed a good 6pt for the area, 80" that is a good deer for the area I was in. That is why I hunt out of state every year.

BUCKMARK 11-28-2011 12:00 PM

Looks no no bow deer for me, saw a nice 8 the last 2 times out. He was 40 yards out each time...just a little out of my comfort zone...

halfbakedi420 11-28-2011 12:54 PM

still at it....got a lil buck at 600 yards...looked bigger in the scope lol...but i was out bow hunting at the time...need em to get a lil closer...saw a couple bucks runnin together last night, but they were 100 er so yards from me..no matter what i did, they stayed in the same area, at dark i walked toward the property line, they saw me and kept eatin..unreal...40 yards, cant even take a shot..fuggerz know. headed bak this week sometime

IOWABUCKHUNTR 11-28-2011 03:22 PM

My season has pretty much ended... The big guy I was after was shot last week about a half mile down river. Ill get pics of him up as soon as I get a good one. He should gross in the high 180's possible 190".

jemrami9 12-02-2011 06:49 PM

bummer.....

pjarrows 12-05-2011 05:26 AM

Thats to bad Iowa, did some QDM last night, only 2 weeks left for me in NY than its all over.

halfbakedi420 12-08-2011 09:25 PM

headed back out in a few hours....heard the cam is down, aint sure what that means, but i will get some live footage any how

AR Bowhunter 12-10-2011 01:45 PM

Guys, sorry I have not been able to add to the cause this year. Have managed a big doe an two hogs in Oct. I have spent most of my time with dad in an out of the hospital. He now has a hospital bed at home an that is where he is spending most of his time now.

halfbakedi420 12-10-2011 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by ar bowhunter (Post 3887834)
guys, sorry i have not been able to add to the cause this year. Have managed a big doe an two hogs in oct. I have spent most of my time with dad in an out of the hospital. He now has a hospital bed at home an that is where he is spending most of his time now.

sorry bout yer pa'...the doe counts i think if ya have the pic. All is good, this is jus fer fun.

halfbakedi420 12-30-2011 10:12 AM

been out a few times, did a 2 dayer and a 3 dayer...all the nice ones went where i was yesterday lol. i had the gurls on my side, but seems the rut is overish, saw a lil foolin round but not like crazy. creek bed has water now, so no more super highway for me to travel. gotta post up and get still...they want nothin to do with this pop up i have, so i put it to hopefully push them to me..but they go wide er the other way. real frustrating, but fun to watch them deer run round laughin at me.
still this weekend so im onna hit it tonight, get out sat and sun.

jemrami9 01-14-2012 07:30 PM

Take care folks! Its been fun!