Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) >

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Okay, thought I would post a pic or two. Here's a guy that we had our eye's on last year. Glad he's still around. Not the best picture, but hey, we aren't here to take pretty pictures. Do you think he's a shooter?
Attached Thumbnails Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)-two-tip-01.jpg  
Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zubba, first kid you say? You're really gonna appreciate the time outdoors this year!
ZUbba, do you really think she will let you out the house? Good luck with that. Also I’ll be right across the river In IL, I have visited that club in La Matte many times.

Boys, boys, boys....what's wrong with you? Of course I have my ducks in order for when this kid comes.

First off, I have a week vacation scheduled for the first part of November to bowhunt.

Second, my wife agreed to try for a September baby (our season opens in October). If no luck for September, we would 'take off' trying, then start trying again for a January baby.

Third, my wife is super cool about hunting. She doesn't hunt herself, but understands my addiction. To give you an idea of my last calendar year, I bowhunted October-November, shotgun hunted in December, mounted deer (taxidermist) from December until July, turkey hunted in April-May, went to Oklahoma hog hunting in March, planned a 2013 MN bear hunt, all on top of shooting archery tournaments 11 out of the last 16 weekends, checking cameras, hanging stands, ect. She understands and made the comment that there is no offseason...haha. She's great.

And did I mention I have a week of vacation designated to bowhunting the rut...lol.

BTW - I usually check in daily, but can be reached at [email protected]. KCMO, you get my vote if you are interested.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah Bob, I've been to LaMotte my fair share as well...lol I actually hunt about 5 minutes from LaMotte.

He is a nice buck KCMO, at least I would have a hard time letting him walk.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checking in.... Hopefully should be a good year and can't wait to get to know everyone a little better. Wife and I just had our second kid a few months ago so no elk hunting this year - deciding to focus my time on whitetail hunting this year instead... Pumped that I drew an archery tag down in southern IA this year - been a few years since I've drawn - so that's where I'm planning to spend most of my sweet Nov. prime time this year.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Zub - so do we get a 'team rate' for taxidermy work this year - ha ha... Those are some sweet looking mounts on your site!!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

well..lets see pics of everyone totally dressed out with their bow hidin in the bushes at your house. hook it up, ill get mine on soon.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
well..lets see pics of everyone totally dressed out with their bow hidin in the bushes at your house. hook it up, ill get mine on soon.
I like it! except I have to go to work, so it will have to wait until tomorrow... I could post some recon shots from Afghanland...
Old 09-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

well..thats too funny..i got one old team member on this team..jenna..kydeerhunter..ill hit her up, see if she is checkin in.
team capn needs to enter our team name, and announce himself as capn, from my count, no more votes needed?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys! checking in! sorry im the last one to get squared away lol gonna try my best to contribute again this year..hopefully mr. big shows his face!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Zub - so do we get a 'team rate' for taxidermy work this year - ha ha... Those are some sweet looking mounts on your site!!
Thanks for the kind words. You guys got lucky....you are teammates of 2 quality taxidermist. Kydeerhunter03 mounts a very nice whitetail as well. If you get some time, look in the archives of the buck she took last year and the fantasitc job she did on the mount. I understand there is little chance that either of us will mount any of your deer, but please do us both a favor and do some homework before you select a taxidermist. There are a lot of shady ones out there. If you need help finding a good one in your area, I would be glad to help point you to someone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.