Official Team 9 Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks J.

Well guys, change of plans, I'll be hunting the new property on Sat morning. My buddy is letting me in before muzzleloader season. Went there yesterday after work just so I could get a good lay out of the property and we saw tons of scraps along the corn field. Where I'll be is a finger next to the standing corn fields. Hopefully that buck wants to clean some scraps while I'm there. Good luck to everyone this weekend.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Took a doe yesterday about 5:30.
I have a blind set up about 20 yards from the stand I took the buck from. I skipped out of work early, it was rainy & misrable anyway & drove to that property. I forgot a chair so I brought a bucket & my I-pad to the blind to watch. After a half hour or so there was a doe & a fawn about 15 yards away. I'm on the edge of a field, against a stone wall. My side is field & that side is woods, the deer wander back & forth on that side all the time. Anyway I watched them for awhile, they winded me right off but couldn't figure it out. No mesh or anything & they couldn't see me from 30 feet away. They looked around the blind but not in it. I been useing this blind for 7 years now & am still always amazed they cant see me. Anyway the doe stomped & blew and ran off twice but the fawn wouldn't follow her.
After she ran off the second time I decided I'd take her if she came back. And she did. Stomping & blowing all the way back in to 15 yards she stopped broadside looking to my left towards where the trail enters the woods. I drew my bow & she flipped in the blink of an eye and stopped looking to my right quartering towards me a little. I held tight behind her shoulder & watched the arrow dissapear thru her. Ran about 50 yards & dropped.
I need to start keeping a camera in the truck. Second deer so far & I didn't have a camera in the field either time. Pictures ended up bloody.
In,

and out,
Old 10-14-2011, 03:56 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Nice work Leverdude! She will be tastey i'm sure!
Things went good downstate with my Mom, she's out of the hospital and doing very well, so i came back home last night. My only prob now is the weather!!! Rain and wind right thru Sunday! I have the day off today but also have my 4 yr old so won't be able to get out till Sat morn, but gonna try to get out there today and check the cams and get a treestand up(Should be interesting with the boy in tow!!) Ready to get back up in a tree but if it's gonna be as nasty as they say think i'll stick to the popup blinds. The deer been hangin around the one blind pretty good so hopefully i can at least get a doe to come by. Hate to shoot one in the rain, but if i can get one close enough and give up a good shot think i'd be ok. If i have any good pics on the cams i'll post up this afternoon.
Good luck guys and Congrats Leverdude!!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

good to hear your mom is doing well j, not good but glad things are looking well. hopefully the weather takes a turn for you soon.

matt good luck with the new property! hopefully it turns out well from the start!

congrats lever! layin' em down for our team, way to go! nice story too, thanks for sharing.

i won't be out this weekend, was out last weekend and had a decent buck come by but elected not to let one fly. it was related to a buck that was shot a few years ago - 9pt, kinda goofy rack, not spectacular at all but the deer was dumb as hell (would bed down next to my dad's stand after spotting him in it). this guy came in on the same path i took to my stand, looked up right at me and stomped a few times, then continued right on the trail past my stand. maybe should have taken him, but who knows?

good luck to everyone going out!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

Great Doe Leverdude, Congrats. If a doe gives me a chance tomorrow, I'll be taking it.

Gonna be pretty windy around my way tomorrow so I'll be hunting from a large blind and not the portable. Should be pretty exciting hunting a new spot.

Thanks Matt and J, I hope I can deliver for the team tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

glad to hear your mom is doing better j.

I killed another doe on Monday evening and haven't been out since. I'll be out tonight after work and tomorrow morning and evening. I'll probably take does for another week and then concentrate on bucks.

Good luck everyone.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:20 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Congrats on the doe Cory!
Wow is it windy!! Had 6 or 8 does come in this morn, but the wind was crankin and swirlin and they just wouldn't settle down enough to work on into range. Got another tree stand put up yesterday and really lookin forward to hunting it. To get to where i could see good and be able to shoot out of it i wound up having to put it about 30ft up. Since 30 ft. high+30 mph winds= my butt stayin on the ground, not sure when i'll be able to try it out. Hope it dies down at least a little befor this evening or it's pry not gonna be too eventful.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

I got a small 9 pt yesterday, I think it was one of the two bucks that busted me on the first day of our season. He was again with another similar sized buck and both looked to be 8 pts when I shot.

Entered into scoring thread.

Last edited by coryj; 10-17-2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: added picture and entered in contest
Old 10-17-2011, 05:39 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Great job Cory!! Congrats! That will really help the team score!

The wind killed me this weekend! Sat in my new stand last night, about got blew out of it! Was a miserable sit with only a couple does spotted way off. Had my quiver stuck in behind me in the stand and a huge gust of wind came up and launched it right out of the tree and busted it when it hit the ground! Gotta check and make sure it didn't bend any arrows. Heading out tonight, no work today, still kinda windy tho but last night they were back in front of my popup again so think i'll give that a try. The new stand i have up is in a creek bottom where i think the bucks might be stayin, put the cam in there and checked it last night. This is the first buck i've got on cam in about 2 weeks, even tho its in the dark it's nice to know they are still around. Now i just gotta figure out how i'm gonna haul my arrows out there with no quiver.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go Cory!!!!! Way to add some points for the team. One step closer to victory!!!!

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.